General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G. Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:32 PM
qwispichkn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be prepared to get get beat up, for not wearing the mandatory offical H.O.G. patches and pins.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MNROD
Cool, we might have to meet up for a brewski.
We are staying at Motel 6 along I35 (@3 miles south of the DEC). I ride a red Tri Glide with handicap plates on it. Blue Knights decal on the windshield.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 PM
bjryman
Tourer

My Chapter is co-hosting the Indiana H.O.G. rally June 26-28th. Since I'm in the middle of it all I can tell you this:

1. Ours is a RIDING rally first and foremost with at least 4 different routes and types of rides planned including a challenging 4 hour ride through some great scenery and twisties in Southern and Central Indiana.

2. The start is in Evansville (Bud's HD is co host) on Friday. Getting to Evansville is an adventure in itself.

3. Saturday morning is all the first wave of rides. End up at Mann's HD in Edinburgh, IN which is next to the largest outlet mall in the State. The mall has special discounts for all riders. The sponsoring Hotels are all right there as well.

4. Saturday is also the Mann's cust appreciation day where our chapter hosts games and awards prizes and dealership gives great discounts.

5. Edinburgh is a suburb of Columbus IN which is on the US Architecture Register...lots to see on your own local rides hosted by our Chapter or not

6. Sunday is rally bike games like all the other Rally's....you either like them or not.

Key is that this is a family oriented affair with lot's to do. BUT, if you are looking for a pure booze and boogey party, then HD H.O.G. rally's are not the place for you. I look forward to meeting riders from all over the region and just having fun hanging out and going on hours of great rides.

To me, that is exactly what the H.O.G. experience is all about.

Want the rest...go to the Indiana BOOGIE in July, you'll see it all and its sponsored by ABATE of Indiana.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be 60 in a few months, but maybe I'll join HOG when I'm too old to party and appreciate T&A...?

Nahhh...when THAT happens I'll be takin' the dirt nap... :- )

Old 06-18-2009, 07:35 AM
MNROD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by *night train*
i'll be 60 in a few months, but maybe i'll join hog when i'm too old to party and appreciate t&a...?

Nahhh...when that happens i'll be takin' the dirt nap... :- )

i love t&a!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:38 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

been to three different state's rallys. not looking forward to any more. Panama City is where it's at twice a year. no hotel ripoff, cheap beer and great entertainment everywhere.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 341 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by draggin s
well,

i had a friend that went to one once and he said he thought the first time you go that you have to make cupcakes for everybody there.......that's one reason i never went....anyway, go check it out and give us a report back.......
lmao!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 AM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,661 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
The Georgia HOG rally is in Helen, Ga this year, which is near the mountains, so at least some good riding can be had. There's a couple of decent bars to get stupid in. I might just do a day trip if it's as lame as you guys say it is.
Helen is a parking lot most nice summer weekends. When there's a MC event it is a double parking lot. There are a couple of bars to hoot and holler in. Seems that the White Cnty. Sherriff and the GSP hang around after the party to make sure everyone gets home OK.

When I first retired I went to the GA H.O.G. rally at a parking lot in Gwinnett. As for me I'd rather watch paint dry.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
SpoilSport
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The die hards from the local chapters, and mainly the older crowd (which is what Harley owners seem to be anyway.) There is not much to do which is why a lot of them volunteer to work and oversee activities. It's more like a church social than party event ... everyone to bed by 7:00pm.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I resisted as long as I could. The local hog chapter around here has some good people in it but they become boring, mindless, dull goldwing riders when they put on that hog vest. The thought of several chapters gathered together for an event is my ideal of slow death.

Quick Reply: H.O.G. Rally