General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car exceeding 100 mph kills 2 on motorcycles in NC

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 AM
DMSC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car exceeding 100 mph kills 2 on motorcycles in NC

http://www.thestate.com/breaking/story/827636.html

Monday, Jun. 15, 2009
Car exceeding 100 mph kills 2 on motorcycles in NC
The Associated Press

PEMBROKE, N.C. -- A woman driving a car faster than 100 mph jumped railroad tracks in a North Carolina town and slammed into two motorcycles, killing the bikers and injuring a third rider, police said.

Police Chief Dwayne Hunt said the driver of the car never braked late Friday as she sped into the town of Pembroke in a four-door Saturn and lost control, The Fayetteville Observer reported Monday.

The motorcycles were hit as they turned into a gas station lot with other riders. Hunt said 16 people witnessed the crash.

Virginia C. Locklear of Lumberton died instantly, Hunt said. She was a passenger on one bike and the driver was critically injured. Hunt said Marie D. Locklear of Pembroke was alone on the other bike and was killed.

Julie Miller, 40, of Mount Pleasant, S.C., was charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter and one count of assault with a deadly weapon, the chief said. She was being held at the Robeson County Jail under $1.25 million bond.

Hunt said Miller said she couldn't recall the crash and tested negative for alcohol and drugs. He said he would send a detective to South Carolina to try to determine why she was in the Robeson County town.

The Saturn came to a stop two blocks from the crash scene and Hunt said one motorcycle was cut in half.

"We had debris for two city blocks. Motorcycle parts," Hunt said.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:04 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

R.I.P. to those motorcyclists who died in the crash and the survivor...Get Well. Just loss at words to say about the accident itself.

100 MPH in town ?. That woman driver needs to rot in jail...Equivalent to those 2 women who's stuck in the caskets or urns forever.

Peace,

Thorey

Old 06-15-2009, 07:04 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

What a Trajedy.. Thoughts and Prayers for the Families .. Hope they prosecute the driver to the Max...

Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 AM
RaoulDuke
Advanced

Jesus. One of the bikes was cut in half. Thoughts and prayers to those that lost loved ones.

One of my clients is UNC Pembroke; I've been there a number of times. Anyone live near there that can tell where the accident took place?

So she was doing 100, doesn't remember the accident, and negative for drugs and alcohol. WTF? Gotta be an illness of some kind, like a stroke or something?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,293 Likes on 1,585 Posts

I see cars on the roads around here every day in excess of 100 mph. It is not even a surprise anymore.

It is a tradgedy that these people lost their lives. One moment in time changes untold lives forever.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

They were pulling into a gas station.
Just goes to show, it can happen anytime, anywhere.
They were just the wrong place at the wrong time.

We have to be so much more aware of what's going around us,
it's ironic that riding keeps us sane.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:06 AM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Thoughts and prayers to all the families involved and those that witnessed the whole thing. I have to agree that something must have happened to the driver if there was no drugs or alcohol involved. Freak accidents like this are why you need to always take the extra few minutes to say what you need to say to your family and friends. People are gone in an instant and it will be a long time before you get to see them again.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:06 AM
morepowr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Biotch need to be hanged!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by morepowr
That Biotch need to be hanged!
With the driver unable to recall the accident and testing negative to impairing substances, there is a chance she had a medical problem (seizure, stroke, low blood sugar, etc). So before we pass judgment and grab the rope, lets get the facts.

My condolences to the families of the downed riders.

Last edited by stupid_rope; 06-15-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
phrogflyer
Road Master

it sickens me that these things happen. i hope she gets maxed out in the courts. there's just too many people, bikers ad cagers, that do not give a shiet about others on the roads. i hope that woman is haunted for the rest of her life.

Quick Reply: Car exceeding 100 mph kills 2 on motorcycles in NC