General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J and S Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009 | 08:51 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member

J&S and negativity in the same post??? Not from this owner.

Old 06-19-2009 | 09:22 PM
tdegroot
Cruiser

My J & S jack came. It is worth it and I didn't even get in trouble.

Old 06-26-2009 | 05:08 PM
MarkM
Tourer

After reading this thread, I ponied up for one. Ordered it last Friday, and it was at my door yesterday. Put it together this afternoon, and immediately tried it on both bikes (a Dyna and an RK). Just like the video, it lifts the bikes without even having to touch them (with my Harbor Freight POS I had to hang on to the bars just to make sure it was steady til it was up). Then, also like in the video, I climbed up one side and down the other side of the bike. Never so much as budged.

Plus, now I can get to all the drain plugs with ease. With the HF, I had to get that thing in one exact place to be able to get to both plugs without having to reposition the jack. Best money I've spent on one of these things.

Anybody need a used Harbor Freight (and I'll throw in the adapters for a Dyna because I don't need those anymore either.}

Old 06-26-2009 | 07:22 PM
SMOKEin
Tourer

I had mine in two days after ordering. That thing is built like a brick. Fatbob has been chillin on it for two days for no reason other than... well, no reason really.

Old 06-26-2009 | 10:08 PM
GARAGE DWELLER
Novice

Yep mine works great too, Dyna owners this one is for you, no BS frame adapters needed.

Old 06-27-2009 | 06:35 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Due to limited space, and the fact that momma wants her car in the garage, the bike lives on my J&S when it's not being ridden.
Never timed it but, it is off and on the jack in just a couple of minutes, and moved wherever I want it with no worries. The peace of mind is priceless!

Old 06-27-2009 | 06:45 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome to the club. Make yourselves comfortable and prepare to defend yourselves against those who say we wasted our money and should have gotten the Sears/Penney's/Walmart Red, Green, Blue jacks.

Old 06-27-2009 | 07:30 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

I ordered one a couple of days ago and I suppose if I felt the need to defend my purchase I could just post a picture of what happened (or almost happened) when I used a cheap jack and the adapters to jack the bike up while I was hammering out my rear axle. This convinced me the money on the good jack was cheaper than what it would cost me if the bike fell off in my tiny little garage. I also could factor in the damage to my heart from the stress of the bike being the leaning tower of motorcycle for three days and the back damage I would surely get from trying to pick it up . I am just glad I am paranoid and used straps or the bike would have either been on the ground or on top of me.

Old 06-27-2009 | 08:22 AM
HRLYSG
Road Master

Have total confidence in my J&S jack. Bike sits on it all the time. No straps. No worries.

If I had a complaint, it would be that they could improve the unit by using allen head bolts to mount the jack to the plate as clearance is tight for wrenches.

Old 06-27-2009 | 09:06 AM
F_CPT98
Tourer

Can someone please post a link to where I can order one?

Quick Reply: J and S Jacks