General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J and S Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009 | 07:14 PM
onionfmr
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bluzmn59
Mine leaked after almost two years. I sent them an email not really expecting anything and the response I got was "Which address would you like us to use. We will send one out today."
The bottle jack leaked after 4 years. Sent them an email regarding a fix (replacement o-rings, etc.) Later that afternoon, got an email from them asking for the address of where to ship the replacement bottle jack.

Great jack, great people, great customer service!

Old 06-16-2009 | 04:20 AM
chidiver
Cruiser

I bought the Sears yellow aluminum jack and that prompted me to buy a good jack. J&S for me too...The Sears yellow weighs 45# and the J&S around double that. Heavy but sturdy as others have mentioned.

Old 06-16-2009 | 11:43 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

Ok - dumb question - this is great if you only work on Harleys, but will this thing work with anything else?

Old 06-16-2009 | 06:25 PM
Xuallus
Road Master

Originally Posted by doublenaughtspy
Ok - dumb question - this is great if you only work on Harleys, but will this thing work with anything else?
I've used it with my CRF230F dirt bike, I don't see it having a problem with an ATV or anything.

Old 06-17-2009 | 01:24 AM
Rkoetting
Cruiser

The thing is awesome. First night, I had to try climbing on my Ultra while at its highest position. I was shaking like a Pomeranian crappin' peach pits, but the bike was steady as can be. Truly excellent pice of work. I wouldn't sell it as cheap as they do, but God bless them for doing so!

Old 06-17-2009 | 07:05 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rkoetting
The thing is awesome. First night, I had to try climbing on my Ultra while at its highest position. I was shaking like a Pomeranian crappin' peach pits, but the bike was steady as can be. Truly excellent pice of work. I wouldn't sell it as cheap as they do, but God bless them for doing so!

Old 06-18-2009 | 01:17 AM
Rkoetting
Cruiser

If you think Harley stuff is expensive, try shopping for a BMW sometime! Or, take up trapshooting for a sport... Having done enough fabricating in the past, I would not market the J&S jack for any less than $400 or so. Guess that is why I don't make my living fabricating, instead I pay what I need to buy the best. When I got $20,000+, and 850+ pounds, a foot and a half off the ground, and trying to wrestle a balky fastener off, the last thing I am thinking about is how much money I saved on cheap azz tools. YMMV

Old 06-19-2009 | 11:36 AM
Romark
Road Master

What he said

Old 06-19-2009 | 02:15 PM
MarkM
Tourer

I'm in the market for a new jack too. (I've got the harbor freight cheapo and that one gives me the *******. I do the fastest oil changes you've ever seen so I can hurry up and get the bike back down on the ground.) I've seen the Pit Bulls up close, and they look really nice too, only are about $80 more. The only difference in performance that I can see is that the Pit Bulls can lift to 25" where the lift on the J & S is only to 18".

I'm getting old, and that extra 7" would save me some bending, but I could also just buy the J & S and use that extra 80 bucks for some more stuff I really don't need.

Old 06-19-2009 | 07:52 PM
luckyB
Road Captain

Damn... I need to pull the trigger on one of these.

Quick Reply: J and S Jacks