General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes suck!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009 | 06:32 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

+1. I was at a rally this weekend and there were a lot of loud pipes. It would be an interesting two minutes to hear him troll mouth a few of those people.
Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I KNEW that at some point this tool the architect would chime in with some negative comment about "the average Harley rider". Every one of your posts classifies most of us "average Harley rider" negatively. Dude, why don't you just go join a Honda forum and quit pissing on us here? You're a butt bandit and no disclaimer at the bottom of your posts will make up for that.

Old 06-14-2009 | 06:58 PM
cactus789
Road Captain

I like women a little wild, and pipes really loud!!!

Old 06-14-2009 | 08:20 PM
Red9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sully
Yeah, I thought loud pipes were cool when I was 20.... I now notice that the bikes I encounter while riding (those with unmuffled pipes) are totally offensive and disturbing! Don't riders realize that the small minority of rude riders will eventually cause legislation to get passed that will restrict our ability to ride- based solely on the actions of some insecure babies who want the world to notice them and their loud scooters? They make me laugh, they make me cringe, but I wish they'd just find another way to show their manhood.

I've been riding for 40 years and the last 15 years of Harley popularity has really dragged our sport into the toilet....
Lol
Never feed a troll...especially a 60 year old whiney assed one.

Old 06-14-2009 | 09:42 PM
Poorguy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Red9
Lol
Never feed a troll...especially a 60 year old whiney assed one.
Amen Red.

Old 06-14-2009 | 09:48 PM
DPFhd883
Tourer

Forgot to add one thing. You said that you were into loud pipes when you were 20... well I'll be 22 on Thursday so have fun listening to my noise and eating my dust

Old 06-14-2009 | 09:49 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Ha! GeorgiaGirl you are definitely on top of things! This is my kind of moderator, a little latitude but with the ever present watchful eye!!! You must have children!!!
Why yes, I do. A four year old to be exact.

Oh and loud pipes do save squirrels. Prooved that this morning when one was attempting to commit suicide in front of me. Blipped the throttle and he scrammed!

Illegal pipes are obnoxious. There is such a thing as too loud.

Old 06-14-2009 | 09:56 PM
road king jay
Advanced

I agree with most of you. I LOVE loud pipes and miss my old LOUD as hell pipes on my old bike. Even my 4 year old son loves loud bikes. When a bike passes me, my wife, or even my 4year old son and makes no noise we all crack some kind of joke about what was that, it couldn't have been a bike. It made no noise.

Old 06-14-2009 | 10:06 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Yeah, I thought loud pipes were cool when I was 20.... I now notice that the bikes I encounter while riding (those with unmuffled pipes) are totally offensive and disturbing! Don't riders realize that the small minority of rude riders will eventually cause legislation to get passed that will restrict our ability to ride- based solely on the actions of some insecure babies who want the world to notice them and their loud scooters? They make me laugh, they make me cringe, but I wish they'd just find another way to show their manhood.

I've been riding for 40 years and the last 15 years of Harley popularity has really dragged our sport into the toilet....
Small minority? You kiddin' me?

Old 06-14-2009 | 10:11 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior

Most exceptionally loud pipes sound like crap to me. It doesn't sound like a mean machine, but, rather, to me, a junker with a broken tailpipe. If that's what someone wants their bike to sound like then more power to them, but when they stop you for it just take your ticket and pay it.

Old 06-14-2009 | 10:17 PM
crossbones54
3rd Gear
Cool Oakland PD

I believe that Oakland Ca. P.D installed Vance and Hines bigshots on all their HD's......well over the 94 dcb law.....after an officer was hit by a box driver who claimed she did not hear him

Quick Reply: Loud pipes suck!!!!