General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes suck!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009 | 11:46 AM
The Architect
Banned

Originally Posted by Boo67
So now we know why you ride a Harley...but what does that have to do with the rest of us?
Actually I don't ride a Harley. But as soon as i get done with my physical therapy I will be riding it. Your concern is duly noted.

Old 06-14-2009 | 11:48 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by chopfury
Seriously what the heck is an example of a loud pipe (and I'm not talking about the extremes). All people say is loud vs quiet but there is so much room in between. It's not a dichotomy here, volume is on a continuum, all this talk about loud vs. quiet makes absolutely no real sense since everyone is talking about different things.
,,,Geeeeeezzzzz , Architect ,
...............AND.........YEP ! chopfury

Old 06-14-2009 | 11:52 AM
The Architect
Banned

Originally Posted by dennyo
,,,Geeeeeezzzzz , Architect ,
...............AND.........YEP ! chopfury
I am torn between who has a better bum-bum, your avatar or mine.

Old 06-14-2009 | 12:10 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member

Good-1 , Architect ,

Ride-in down to Wall Mart to gets some Lemon Pledge. ......for my ... Saddle - Bags

Old 06-14-2009 | 12:15 PM
883Ironman
Advanced

Because of loud pipes I didn't hit a guy on the freeway a few months ago while driving my truck. He was in my blind spot and i was about the change into his lane, when i heard his pipes. I quickly went back into my lane! I like my loud pipes for the same reason.
However, I do agree that some overdue it with completely gutted pipes. That's a little ridiculous

Old 06-14-2009 | 12:16 PM
tubby220
Road Master

Surely exhaust pies BLOW not SUCK!

Old 06-14-2009 | 12:20 PM
robzuc97
Road Master

That logic means that "babies" like you who wear a helmet are going to force legislation for everyone to wear a helmet. There are already laws in effect to abate noise. You remind me of those riders who don't wave back because you're too busy looking to see it YOUR bike cost more than mine: maybe you should worry about YOURSELF instead of what everyone else is doing then?

Old 06-14-2009 | 12:23 PM
Late Bloomer
Cruiser

I won't take my BUB Straight Aways off for anything and yes they are loud!!!! Ride as loud or quiet as you like but make mine LOUD!!! Oh by the way I am 56.

Old 06-14-2009 | 02:33 PM
7879landau
Novice

When riding upon deer heading for or wonering around the road i'm on, A couple cracks of the throttle sends them running OUT of my way. And understand we have the big ones here in Illinois. I'm sure it warns off other wildlife too.

As for cell phone drivers. Thats a subject to be bitched about not the loud pipes. I'm sure my pipes have saved me more than once with them but I did finnally get took out by a cell phone driver a year and a half ago and just recently got my bike back together. I'M STICKING WITH LOUD PIPES!

Old 06-14-2009 | 06:31 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by sully
Yeah, I thought loud pipes were cool when I was 20.... I now notice that the bikes I encounter while riding (those with unmuffled pipes) are totally offensive and disturbing! Don't riders realize that the small minority of rude riders will eventually cause legislation to get passed that will restrict our ability to ride- based solely on the actions of some insecure babies who want the world to notice them and their loud scooters? They make me laugh, they make me cringe, but I wish they'd just find another way to show their manhood.

I've been riding for 40 years and the last 15 years of Harley popularity has really dragged our sport into the toilet....
Well Gawd Damn
Another troll looking to start crap. So what other names did you use before
Tell ya what, you don't like my Pipes tuff, deal with it, or take your fingers out of your *** and stick them in your ears.

Quick Reply: Loud pipes suck!!!!