General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes suck!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009 | 01:33 PM
BWLucky13
Road Master

Never heard a Harley with QUIET pipes. Does such a bike exist? What do the exports to Europe do to meet government requirements?

I would love some QUIET pipes for my stock Harley. If anyone ever hears any, please let the rest of us know. Until then, I will just keep on wearing ear plugs.

Smiles,

Old 06-15-2009 | 01:36 PM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master

Originally Posted by The Architect
There is none!

If loud pipes on your bike are for your own safety and you are concerned with you own well-being, why do most riders of Harley's not wear proper protective appearel?
Do you mean helmets? Sure, helmets do save lives, but so does making a cager aware of your presence. You are comparing apples with oranges. Safe riding gear, IMO, is off the topic.

Old 06-15-2009 | 01:36 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member

I've been riding for 40 years and the last 15 years of Harley popularity has really dragged our sport into the toilet....[/quote]

SPORT?????

Old 06-15-2009 | 03:47 PM
3Deffect
Cruiser

Let people enjoy what ever they want. I like loud pipes. To be totally honest here safety was the last thing on my mind when I got mine. I truly love to ear them roar. Some are a bit loud for my taste but thats fine with me. Just not quite what I would run. I refuse to change until I am forced to do it.

Old 06-15-2009 | 04:04 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by 3Deffect
Let people enjoy what ever they want. I like loud pipes. To be totally honest here safety was the last thing on my mind when I got mine. I truly love to ear them roar. Some are a bit loud for my taste but thats fine with me. Just not quite what I would run. I refuse to change until I am forced to do it.
Geez I like the way ya think!! Better yet the last line in your sig... and there some I can't even pronounce!!! Hehehe!!!!

Old 06-15-2009 | 06:14 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sash302
if is not loud is not in my garage!even my 07 grand marquis makes noise going down the road,I love loud,
you know what thy say,?if you think is to loud you are to old!!!
no offense please,just a old saying.......
I think the statement about loud in your garage is funny coming from a guy who has a sig. picture of his garage with acoustical dampaning material all over the walls. Don't get me wrong though I love the pipes too, as the Reinhardts on my fatty well tell you.

Old 06-15-2009 | 06:58 PM
Billie
Cruiser

Loud pipes on my MC are no different than loud car mufflers. All or most hotrods have them. Even kids today with their hot imports have loud mufflers. There's not a damn thing wrong with them, it's just a matter of prefernce........and I prefer that my bike sound like a bike and not a sewing machine !

By the way........I'm 58 yrs old

Old 06-15-2009 | 08:03 PM
Mark 2
Advanced

WHAT? WHAT? DID YOU SAY SOMETHING? Who is our sport? Also Loud Pipes Blow Not Suck

Last edited by Mark 2; 06-15-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2009 | 08:12 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master

Originally Posted by BWLucky13
Never heard a Harley with QUIET pipes. Does such a bike exist? What do the exports to Europe do to meet government requirements?

I would love some QUIET pipes for my stock Harley. If anyone ever hears any, please let the rest of us know. Until then, I will just keep on wearing ear plugs.

Smiles,
Who gives a rip what they do in Europe (besides BO)? Ummmm, stock pipes are quiet already.

Old 06-15-2009 | 08:32 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

i cant believe people are still giving thier 2 cents into this topic....dont tell my bro his pipes were to loud on saturday when a blue hair tried to merge into the lane he was in and he rolled the throttle. She promptly took notice....guys....look....people are gonna rattle your cages and say crap like that just to get your reaction...he prob rides beeeemeeeer........even if he doesnt...DILLIGAF!!!!

Quick Reply: Loud pipes suck!!!!