General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes suck!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009 | 10:22 PM
Brianc9876
Tourer

I'm 24 and guess what, I'll keep my loud pipes. Their first purpose was to and ARE to make sure inattentive idiots hear me coming and don't crash into me but now I have a second reason to keep em. To annoy you.

Old 06-14-2009 | 10:41 PM
PaFatboy
Tourer

Loud pipes DON'T kill our hobby......People do. It's all in how you ride, there's dumbass's in all walks of life. The ones on bikes like to wind it up tight before they shift, sit at redlights etc. revving their motor. I don't like to even ride near them in a group situation, it's just silly sophmore like actions.

If you ride responsibly, LOE's won't hassle you, though they may look your way. I've got the short baffles in my V&H's, it cuts out the high's somewhat. I'm sure that someday in my area, they will tell me what's best for ME.

Old 06-14-2009 | 11:36 PM
2099d
Cruiser

My dad is 75 yrs young! He stills rides and has loud pipes. I ride and have loud pipes. So all you said to me was bla.. bla.. bla..He has been riding longer than you learned to bitch I'm sure.

Old 06-15-2009 | 01:40 AM
robzuc97
Road Master

How else are you going to silence the din from the old lady in the back seat? I'll remove my loud pipes if she will STFU!

Old 06-15-2009 | 08:53 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Fatone, don't sweat this guy, he's just a jag bag that never misses a chance to talk badly about "the average Harley rider". One day they'll either ban him from this site, or someone's going to catch up with him and give him a tune-up. In any event welcome to the site, you'll run into a lot of good people as well as a lot of knowledge.

Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 06-15-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2009 | 09:26 AM
supercrewser
Road Master

Hes just ticked off cause the sound drowns out his Bluetooth or his wife cant here her cell phone ring in the mini van .You got to be kidding right?. Thats whats wrong with this country, wheres the freedom at? A person can talk on a phone while driving in traffic but we cant make ourselves be heard while driving? hhmmm.

Old 06-15-2009 | 11:06 AM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rockDAWG
It depends. On I 95 in Northern NJ near NYC, I have witnessed a few times that the cagers got so pissed at loud pipes that he drove the biker off the road.
You make a good point. This is the exact reason I take advantage of the other rights we have here in our fine state. The most relivent one being the right to carry a concealed handgun (w/license ofcourse). Bring that big cage over here into my lane. You think loud pipes are annoying, wait till you have to deal with hot lead. You might manage to take me out, but will you manage to dodge all the lead flying your way? Given the speed and agility advantages I have on my scoot, I will play that game of chicken anytime.

Old 06-15-2009 | 11:22 AM
WillieC
Road Master
Talking Been ridin' well over 40 years, I am well into my 60's

And I love loud pipes, but, I try to be respectful in populated areas and try not to
be obnoxious or stir up trouble.
Sometimes the testosterone gets replaced with common sense as you age.

WillieC

Originally Posted by sully
Yeah, I thought loud pipes were cool when I was 20.... I now notice that the bikes I encounter while riding (those with unmuffled pipes) are totally offensive and disturbing! Don't riders realize that the small minority of rude riders will eventually cause legislation to get passed that will restrict our ability to ride- based solely on the actions of some insecure babies who want the world to notice them and their loud scooters? They make me laugh, they make me cringe, but I wish they'd just find another way to show their manhood.

I've been riding for 40 years and the last 15 years of Harley popularity has really dragged our sport into the toilet....

Old 06-15-2009 | 11:26 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master

There's nothing wrong with loud pipes on the highway and in traffic. Yes, some people don't see you, but they sure can hear you, which definitely could save your life. The only problem I have with loud pipes is when some stupid idiot has to blast them through a residential areas, especially in the early morning or late night. It's those people that create new bylaws. I don't throttle mine through these areas. It's called respect.

Old 06-15-2009 | 11:41 AM
dragpipe
Tourer

Sully.........

whatever!

Quick Reply: Loud pipes suck!!!!