General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Brand Riding Boots

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:09 PM
bignateLA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been wearing a pair of these for riding & like them so far, nice soft leather & a good sole http://www.shoeshow.com/Wolverine-Pu...imgbase=080181 I'll probably go with a pair of justin lace ups after these wear out because that's what i wear to work in & love 'em...I work in some very nasty conditions( heat, oil & grease, hot broken glass) and have had no trouble from the Justins.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

I got mine on Ebay..same HD boot they sell at the dealership for $140...but I only paid $35 for them. They are great boots. Comfortable and waterproof.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Some like them ,some don't

Old 06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
I purchased HD Delinquent boots last weekend and was most displeased. They hurt like hell, were uncomfortbale to walk in, and weren't the kind of quality you'd expect for $150.

I really noticed once I put my military flight boots next to them! The HD boots had inferior leather, stitching, comfort, padding, grip from the sole even though they cost twice as much.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
Dunno... but, you're not the only person I've run into who researches the product and makes buying decisions AFTER you've already made the purchase.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Chicago Bob
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Red Wings

I bought a pair of Red Wings when I was in Red Wing Minn. about 4-5 years ago. They were comfortable, didn't treat them rough, but the bottoms peeled away from the leather tops after about three years. I was pretty disappointed.

Seems though that no matter what type of boot I buy, the soles are the first to go (other than the Red Wings). The shoes look good, but on a rainy day, sure enough, I feel my feet get wet. Take the shoe off, bend it a little and yep, the soles are cracked.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to either try Redwings or Xelement. These HD boots are terrible...and I've broken in all kinds of boots in the military.
Xelement make a lot of the Harley Davidson Brand boots. If you find a pair of Harly boots that you like, you can probably find them on Xelement's web site but without the HD emblem and a lot less money.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:51 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Harley boots suck. I got suckered in once, but never again.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:05 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I've had a pair of Harley engineer's boots for 4 years. I didn't like them when I got them, and I kept waiting for them to **** me off to the point that I'd pitch them in the trash and get a pair of Double-H.

But after 4 years, they're comfortable as all get-out. They're sprung to the point that I can wear them all day without walking like Frankenstein. I catch some crap about them, but I can't seem to kill them.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:16 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased HD Delinquent boots last weekend and was most displeased. They hurt like hell, were uncomfortbale to walk in, and weren't the kind of quality you'd expect for $150.

I really noticed once I put my military flight boots next to them! The HD boots had inferior leather, stitching, comfort, padding, grip from the sole even though they cost twice as much.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
You have military flight boots and you buy anything else? Doesn't make any sense to me. The best riding boots I've ever owned were german "springerstiefel" (paraboots). Imo, there is nothing better then genuine military gear when it comes to clothing. The problem is the colours available, but the quality usualy is far superior to any civilian stuff you can buy.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Dunno... but, you're not the only person I've run into who researches the product and makes buying decisions AFTER you've already made the purchase.
Ya know, if I weren't on the most isolated landmass on the planet I might agree with you. But, my choices are to order offline without trying them on or go to my local dealer that has 4 styles to choose from. Welcome to Hawaii...

You have military flight boots and you buy anything else? Doesn't make any sense to me. The best riding boots I've ever owned were german "springerstiefel" (paraboots). Imo, there is nothing better then genuine military gear when it comes to clothing. The problem is the colours available, but the quality usualy is far superior to any civilian stuff you can buy.
Yes, but when I'm not on duty I shed everything military. I don't want people to see me out riding and know I'm in the Marines. I'd prefer to just be a rider. That's why I don't want to wear military flight boots.

Quick Reply: Harley Brand Riding Boots