Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Brand Riding Boots

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:54 PM
GregH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a pair of the Faded Glory HD boots. After a short break in, about 2 days, they've been real good for me.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got mine for $90 from Farm and Fleet before they stopped carrying them. They are the 2nd most comfortable boots I've worn.
My Dad's Harley boots are the most comfortable.

Mine are heavy but they are Harley work boots not riding boots.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

The only pair of Harley boots I ever owned were the most uncomfortable pieces of footwear I have ever owned. gave them away to a thrift shop in new condition. I have a wide array of riding boots that ranges from Doc marten's(the old made in England ones) to Italian boots and everything in between. Boots are an acquired taste. Some like chocolate, some like vanilla.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 AM
bmr
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for the redwing slipons, very durable and comfortable. I wear mine for work and riding. I spent the extra money for the moldable inserts, well worth it.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
bobernet
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of brown CAT boots, that I like a lot. About $80 at DSW. Also have a pair of HD boots that I got as part of a clearance for $49. Now, I wouldn't pay the nearly $200 list price on the HD's but at $49, I think they were a steal. Very comfortable, can wear them all day.

HDs are black, CATs are brown. Depends on the day. The CATs match my belts, holsters and mag carriers better. :-)

Old 06-12-2009, 01:27 AM
MNROD
Road Captain

I don't know what specific HD boot I have...Got them a couple months ago, the first few days I couldn't move my feet, now they are comfy as heck. Almost like them jungle boots back at MCRD....

Old 06-12-2009, 01:57 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bobernet

HDs are black, CATs are brown. Depends on the day. The CATs match my belts, holsters and mag carriers better. :-)
All my Kramer horsehide gear is black, along with my Beltman bull hide gun belts!

I've got a pair of Icon Super Duty III's that are basic black boots, well made, and offer decent protection. MSRP is $120. They've got molded-in toe guards for upshifts (if you don't have or use a heel shift obviously), but they're low-key and both boots have it so it looks "normal".

Icon has a new boot called the Tarmac for 2009 with no laces, just Velcro straps, and I'm thinking about a pair. Same thing, low key, same price, but getting in and out of 'em will be easier. And I'm all about easy

Old 06-12-2009, 02:11 AM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Here in Hawaii you just get used to no selection and few options. No one here on the island has a huge motorcycle clothing/boots section. Even the large HD dealer had a total of 4 styles of boots.

I need to either try Redwings or Xelement. These HD boots are terrible...and I've broken in all kinds of boots in the military.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:19 AM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a pair of Timberlands that are about 8 years old that I use when I ride. Still comfy and still look OK.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:24 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
I purchased HD Delinquent boots last weekend and was most displeased. They hurt like hell, were uncomfortbale to walk in, and weren't the kind of quality you'd expect for $150.

I really noticed once I put my military flight boots next to them! The HD boots had inferior leather, stitching, comfort, padding, grip from the sole even though they cost twice as much.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
no HD boots suck.. try H&H for that style theire boots are pretty comfy.

Quick Reply: Harley Brand Riding Boots