General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Customer Service SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009 | 02:55 PM
10_amp
|
Advanced
Default Harley Customer Service SUCKS

So there is a defect in my bike that caused me to crash. Harley agreed to repair it and repair all the crash damage but not my medical. Anyways I left my bike with the dealer over a month ago and they still have not received the frame to the bike. Customer service at HD is horrible, I love my bike and HD's but honestly I will never buy another again. They should have the frame in within 3 weeks so my total time down will be 2 months.

Customer service constantly blows me off, they wont work with me, they lied and said the frame would be there this week. Called and talked to a bunch of people and found that the factory that makes my frame is shut down for a week or two. Dont get me wrong some of the people there are happy to help you but the one person in charge of my case is a complete witch. Then they tried to turn it around and say its taking so long because it took me 2 days to accept their Repair Order... The dealer is doing a great job but HD is the one that is screwin the pooch on this one.

Sorry had to vent somewhere

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:08 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

As much as I hate to say it, [I]gulp[I]maybe it is time for an attorney...

If they have admitted fault (by repairing your bike) then I would think they are liable for medical bills too....

Care to elaborate? What happened? What kind of bike?

If it was a new bike and needs a frame, they would be replacing the bike itself with a new bike.. Good Luck

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:13 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
As much as I hate to say it, [i]gulp[i]maybe it is time for an attorney...

If they have admitted fault (by repairing your bike) then I would think they are liable for medical bills too....

Care to elaborate? What happened? What kind of bike?

If it was a new bike and needs a frame, they would be replacing the bike itself with a new bike.. Good Luck
+1 you need to seek an attorney on this one.

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:15 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

I'm smelling troll farts

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:25 PM
sgarrity
Advanced

Originally Posted by 10_amp
So there is a defect in my bike that caused me to crash.
Assuming that's true and it can be proven, I think the least Harley would do is give you a new bike and pay your medical bills. I'd definitely be speaking with an attorney ASAP.

I've only called Harley customer service once and they were less than helpful, bordering on rude. I really hope that's not their standard mode of operation. But it seems anymore that good customer service to just too much to ask for from anyone!

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:39 PM
10_amp
|
Advanced

2009 1200N the frame was allowing the fork lock to slip in and out and locked while driving. I was only going about 5mph when it happenend and really just care about getting my new bike back. All i want is my bike or a replacement and they refuse to replace the entire bike only the frame.

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:39 PM
10_amp
|
Advanced

I got it in NOV

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:42 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 10_amp
2009 1200N the frame was allowing the fork lock to slip in and out and locked while driving. I was only going about 5mph when it happenend and really just care about getting my new bike back. All i want is my bike or a replacement and they refuse to replace the entire bike only the frame.
Wow, that would scare the crap out of me. I'd also talk to a lawyer. Good luck.

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:49 PM
Errk08
Tourer

I agree.....big stinky troll fart...5mph come on now

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:56 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member

Man I hate those POS fork locks!

Sad thing is, unless you were hurt bad enough to get a big punitive settlement from Harley, a lawyer wouldn't really want anything to do with it. It would cost you a bundle to pursue it in court.

Quick Reply: Harley Customer Service SUCKS