General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Customer Service SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009 | 07:46 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member

You'd think there'd be a service bulletin or something if it was a "defect". Next guy splits his skull open and they got big problems.

I smell it.....I'm.....I'm just not sure.

Old 06-12-2009 | 08:18 AM
texaswiz
Banned

Originally Posted by carpetride
[/B]

You would think so, but he probably went to the emergency room, got x-rays, an MRI, saw an orthopedist, got a tetanus shot, morphine, some antibiotics, wound dressing, crutches, a prescription for some heavy duty pain pills, plus physical rehab and emotional counseling.
Hell, in my younger days I once fell off a three foot high bar stool and ran up a med tab of three grand. That was fourty some years ago and I know things aren't any cheaper today. It costs alot to get sick today. These medical types know how to charge. I am like many here, as much as I hate lawyers, I think I would be dialing up one of those trial attorneys who claim to be riders too. If what you describe is fact, there is a design problem here and the only way things get changed in the U.S.A is when it costs someone a ton of money.

Old 06-12-2009 | 11:10 AM
softail04
Road Master

so you barley had your feet up and the steering lock that can not move with out the key locked and thru you on the ground.. ok .. if and when you get the bike back might want to take acourse or two

Old 06-12-2009 | 12:19 PM
xmarine
Road Master
Question

The jury's out on this one. My question is, if you got the bike in November, was this the first time you noticed this, OR is it a recurring problem?

My thoughts are if it only happened once, Harley's BAD.
If you knew there was an issue, your BAD.
It is what it is..........................

Inquiring Minds Want To Know..........
xmarine

Old 06-12-2009 | 01:27 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rdam
You'd think there'd be a service bulletin or something if it was a "defect". Next guy splits his skull open and they got big problems.

I smell it.....I'm.....I'm just not sure.
If this was a wide spread issue worthy of a recall, you'd have heard about it here a long time ago, seeing all the Nightster owners that are on the forums.

Old 06-12-2009 | 07:55 PM
POPS87FXR
Tourer
Default ???????Fork Lock-Lock up?????????

Never heard of this one, Are you sure you unlocked the fork before you started off?
Best of my knowledge the fork lock will only lock in one place.

Old 06-17-2009 | 06:31 PM
10_amp
|
Advanced

Never used it, like I said I started up, went to turn while giving it gas and the forks locked. Bike went down so did I. Who cares about my riding skill, there was a defect in MY bike that caused it to lock while driving. The dealr called me and the frame should be leaving the factory this friday because they stopped production on the XL for a week.

Sending a letter gets you ****, I sent a letter complaining about customer service and got this in my email.

Dear Jayson,
This is sent to acknowledge your letter written to Mr. Ziemer. He has forwarded the letter to customer service. It is filed with your reference number 984***.

Sincerely,
Harley Davidson Customer Service

Old 06-17-2009 | 06:33 PM
10_amp
|
Advanced

I never had the problem before, I dont lock my forks. For whatever reason they locked while driving.

Old 06-17-2009 | 07:24 PM
Hoffy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Brianc9876
As a child of an attorney and in school to be one myself it never ceases to amaze me how many people bitch about attorneys until they need one! People have no idea how difficult of a job it is, I'm not talking desk jockeys but actual litigators. You win people a ton of money they wouldnt have had without you in the first place and then bitch about paying the fees the attorney put up on their own to try the case. If you are for real talk to a reputable attorney, a good one will be able to see the larger issue, which in turn makes more consumers safe. I'm done now.
Not to attack you personally, but that is biggest bag of crap I have ever heard. Obviuosly there are some fine lawyers that still have decent values out there but as a whole lawyers are the arrow on the spear leading the way to dishonest America. Sorry dude, I have been around lawyers for 23 years and I have to say that I have witnessed far more greedy dishonest lawyers than good ones.

Hopefully you will practice with good moral character and values. Good luck with your new career.

To the O.P., if you look hard enough you will find a consumer advocate lawyer that will take your case. I hope you keep trying.

Old 06-17-2009 | 09:38 PM
POPS87FXR
Tourer

Originally Posted by 10_amp
I never had the problem before, I dont lock my forks. For whatever reason they locked while driving.

They will only lock in one place. The default is un-locked.
More experianced riders than you have forgotton to un-lock them.

Quick Reply: Harley Customer Service SUCKS