General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Customer Service SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009 | 06:29 PM
maddog53
Cruiser

What can i say, your a troll 5mph accident and there going to replace the frame why?

Old 06-11-2009 | 06:42 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

5MPH = trolling!

Old 06-11-2009 | 07:23 PM
codyshop
Tourer

I've done the padlock tumble a few times in my big drinking days and never hurt more than my pride and a footpeg.

Old 06-11-2009 | 07:24 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

How can you blame customer service for not paying your medical bills. It's a legal matter & you need to find an attorney that will take your case. Expecting a HD customer service rep to OK the bills for you is way out of the ordinary. If they did it they would be admitting fault & accepting liability for any aches & pains that the immediate future may bring. Don't put this on HD customer service, put it on yourself. You need to have at the very least an attorney send a letter to HD, the CEO, President & the Board of directors threatening a lawsuit if it's not resolved. Betty Joe Biolosky in customer service really can't make this decision.

Old 06-11-2009 | 07:31 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by maddog53
What can i say, your a troll 5mph accident and there going to replace the frame why?
Obviously, because it's the fork lock that is defective and It probably can't be changed without swapping out the entire frame (never messed with it, so I wouldn't know if this is true). Though 3K$ medical bill sounds like a lot for a scrapped knee...

Old 06-11-2009 | 08:13 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
Obviously, because it's the fork lock that is defective and It probably can't be changed without swapping out the entire frame (never messed with it, so I wouldn't know if this is true). Though 3K$ medical bill sounds like a lot for a scrapped knee...

You would think so, but he probably went to the emergency room, got x-rays, an MRI, saw an orthopedist, got a tetanus shot, morphine, some antibiotics, wound dressing, crutches, a prescription for some heavy duty pain pills, plus physical rehab and emotional counseling.

Old 06-11-2009 | 08:15 PM
Brianc9876
Tourer

As a child of an attorney and in school to be one myself it never ceases to amaze me how many people bitch about attorneys until they need one! People have no idea how difficult of a job it is, I'm not talking desk jockeys but actual litigators. You win people a ton of money they wouldnt have had without you in the first place and then bitch about paying the fees the attorney put up on their own to try the case. If you are for real talk to a reputable attorney, a good one will be able to see the larger issue, which in turn makes more consumers safe. I'm done now.

Old 06-11-2009 | 08:16 PM
Brianc9876
Tourer

Hey just walking into the ER today costs some serious coin. 3K isn't really that expensive if they ran some simple tests. They charge almost 2 grand for an MRI lol

Old 06-11-2009 | 09:02 PM
scoteh
Club Member

Jeez. 5 mph you just step off the darn thing and let it drop if you're that freaked out. $3K for a knee boo-boo. Sorry, I'm having trouble with empathy on this one.

Old 06-11-2009 | 09:44 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Brianc9876
As a child of an attorney and in school to be one myself it never ceases to amaze me how many people bitch about attorneys until they need one! People have no idea how difficult of a job it is, I'm not talking desk jockeys but actual litigators. You win people a ton of money they wouldnt have had without you in the first place and then bitch about paying the fees the attorney put up on their own to try the case. If you are for real talk to a reputable attorney, a good one will be able to see the larger issue, which in turn makes more consumers safe. I'm done now.
It surely is hard.... you gotta keep a straight face and be able to argue both sides of a case, depending on who hires you. Poor trial lawyers, $250 per "billable hour", i.e. ....."oh I thought about all my clients while in the shower for a few minutes, there is a billable hour for however many clients" driving someplace in a car.... there is another billable hour, costs, fees, etc, etc, then add the 30-40% on top of that.

Quick Reply: Harley Customer Service SUCKS