Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolest Bike Ever

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ftanner
The bar on the left looks more like a shifter lever. It probably has some sort of clutchless shift setup.
I was referring to the bar over the seat which wouldn't be accessible from the wheelchair position. But you raise a good point I didn't think of. The shifter has to be somewhere on the handlebars or at least close by.

Last edited by jimmers1817; 06-10-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
I was referring to the bar over the seat which wouldn't be accessible from the wheelchair position. But you raise a good point I didn't think of. The shifter has to be somewhere on the handlebars or at least close by.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw that at the bike show in Boston last year. Both the owner and builder were there. Got my vote.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:03 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen that bike on the old American Thunder. I remember when Michelle Smith talked to him about it, and he said he fabricated everything himself. The first time he took it out for the test ride, his neighbor seen him coming down the rode and started to run after him thinking the rider actually fell off the bike and he was stuck in the sidecar! LOL!

Old 06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
kickstart pan
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=jimmers1817;5121723]Saw alot of interesting bikes at Americade but somehow I missed this one. Could hardly believe it when I came across it.

It's owned and operated by a parapalegic rider. Actually operates it from a wheelchair. Just goes to show you, there is no reason why we ever have to give up riding.
pretty kewl
Bet it's got reverse too !
Just noticed the handicap tag on right fender, he needs to put another circle in front of it anf throw some handlebars on it too

Old 06-11-2009, 03:31 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool , at least he can get out and ride!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 05:27 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

I used to live in Simi Valley CA. There was a guy there that had a.....what's the proper term nowadays?...Oh ya, metric that had the same type of setup. It wasn't near as clean looking. He said he and a friend threw it together. He rode that thing all over the place.

When I went to MMI there was a guy in my class that got shot up pretty bad in Nam and had lost the use of his legs. He had an FL with a sidehack and would roll his chair up to the left side of the bike, lift himself up on the seat side saddle and pull his right leg over the tank, and then grab his wheelchair and kind of throw it over his head into the sidecar. He'd reach down and secure his legs with straps and away he would go. Had one of those combination Jockey shift levers with a clutch lever on it.

He finished the course and as far as I know went out and started working as a wrench at some shop.

I've got some pretty bad back problems and was told by a Neurosurgeon back in the 90's that there is a good chance I'll end up in a wheel chair before it's all over. Thinking about the guy at MMI gives me comfort knowing that even if the Doc was right....I should still be able to ride. It's the only thing outside of my wife that gives me joy.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ftanner
I was talking about the black bar across the gas tank. The chrome rail on the seat is just a seat rail. I have one for my bike when I get a solo seat for it.
I know what a Deluxe seat rail is. FTR, we're talking about the same black bar. Doesn't look accessible to the rider imo. But who knows.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:47 AM
woodworking1
Road Master

COOL AS HELL! Did you guys notice that there are 2 levers on the left side of the bars. I'm guessing brake and clutch.

Last edited by woodworking1; 06-11-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 AM
woodworking1
Road Master

looks like maybe the red buttons on the right grip might be shift buttons??

Quick Reply: Coolest Bike Ever