General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't Decide

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 12:09 AM
kromroykw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Decide

I am trading in my sportster. Today I test rode a Road King Classic and a Herratige Softail Classic. I can't decide whicg one I like better. They both look great, have a smooth ride and are almost the same price. I will probally be riding about 60% 1-up and the rest 2-up riding. No overly long trips planned as of yet but I would like to be able to get the girl to ride 100 miles or so. I kinda like the feel of how you sit down in the softail a little more and it feels a little more nimble. Anybody else had both? What do you think of each?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Default RE: Can't Decide

Man you have a ruff rd ahead to decide on their cuzz, I have a 04 Heritage and have alway's wondered what a RK would be like, and I also have heard that the softail is a little better handeling, like on a curvy rd, just what I've heard. Hope your decision will be the one that make's you the happiest, heck that's pretty much all I can say.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:51 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

,02 coming up! the "kings" rule!

Old 04-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally, I'm a fan of the Heritage. I think it opitimizes the word Harley. I know it's what I think of...

Ryan

Old 04-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Loch
Tourer

I’m pretty much in the same spot your in. My father rides a Heritage so I have some miles on that and love it. But there’s something about the King that keeps me looking at it. I’ll probably end up with a King when I get to that point.

http://www.vtwintalk.com/m_40295/tm.htm

Old 04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Loch
Tourer

ORIGINAL: kromroykw

I kinda like the feel of how you sit down in the softail a little more and it feels a little more nimble.

Thanks
I feel the same way on this. I’m guessing with a sundowner seat and Heritage bars on the Road King you would get pretty much that same feel. Most of it might actually just be the bars. The stock King bars have you leaning over the tank more instead of sitting on the bike like a lazy boy.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:55 AM
kromroykw
Intermediate

I was thinking the same thing about the bars. Maybe tilting them back just slightly would make all the difference. Not sure.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Old Blue
Intermediate

Heritage is the best value that HD has to offer from a price / feature standpoint. But ultimately, go with your heart.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Loch
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Old Blue

Heritage is the best value that HD has to offer from a price / feature standpoint. But ultimately, go with your heart.
Funny you would say that, because that is what I would say the Road King Classic has over the Heritage. Standard EFI, cruise control, engine guard, windshield, leather bags and white wall tires. The Heritage has the sissy bar, leather bags and a windshield but I think the King has it on features for the money. But like you said go with your heart. Harleys aren’t really about bang for the buck and you can always add any of the above features to either bike.

I know this is minor but I really like the tank badge on the Road King Classic over the painted on HD. I would imagine this is probably even a cheaper route for the MOCO than having it painted on with multiple colors but I like the 3 dimensional badges, maybe it’s just me.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:19 PM
txHarleyMan
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If it cant be an electra glide, then it has to be the road king!

Quick Reply: Can't Decide