General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
chuckyl
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one at Americade last year for my '03 Fatboy and haven't taken it off since. Wife loves it and so do I. 'Course I'm selling my Fatboy...

Old 06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Low_Wider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mustang Seats

Well I can say I've done both Mean City and a Mustang seat. I have an '06 LR which the stock seat was, well, as we all know able to make my butt a numb nut after only a few hours of riding. So to make a long story short I went with the Mean City seat. Service was great from Allen and the seat was a major improvement over the stock seat but a days riding still left me butt sore. I kept hearing on this forum that guys with the Mustang seats that could ride for a day with no problem. So bit the bullet and got the Mustang Vintage solo seat. And yes it is an improvement over the MC seat but not that much at least initially. If you read the forums on the Mustang seats some will say that they will "break in" over time and I have to say that is true. While initially a bit better than MC I still didn't think I could do a full day of riding with the Mustang. After putting several hours in the seat I've found the Mustang to be the most comfortable seat yet and indeed I've been able to do a day's riding and still be able to walk afterwards.
While I think seats are like pipes and beauty is in the seat of the beholder, You can't go wrong with the Mustangs.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
slick10
Road Master

Love my Mustang seat!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Stixman
Cruiser

Infinitely more comfortable than my stock seat. Tried a gel pad and it was just OK.
I bought the wide solo w/backrest and the wide pillion. It is definitely firmer than the stock seat but it's the most comfortable seat that I've had on any bike I've ever owned. Passengers love it as well.
Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. Just haven't taken any photos since I put in on.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:07 PM
BadMoJoe
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love mine. I can't imagine riding without it.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:14 PM
jd8181
Road Captain

i've had 2 (on 2 different bikes) and i've really liked them both. i broke a bracket on one of them and call mustang up and told them i broke the bracket and they sent me one and charged me nothing. they were great people to deal with! i'll probably always have a mustang seat. i don't think you can go wrong with one.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

My MUSTANG Seat.......
1,142 miles in 3 days. NEVER an issue with sore, tired, or any butt problems.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:26 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have had a couple on my bikes and likes them alot

Old 06-10-2009, 07:39 PM
chidiver
Cruiser

I have/had a Mean City Cycles modified seat, a Sundowner, a LePera Barebones and finally the Mustang #79532 17.5" wide studded solo w/backrest. Before with any of the other seats the best I could do was about 150 miles and then my back was done. I have done 350 mile days and could have done more on the Mustang. The backrest helps my back out a lot and made all the difference for me.

The Mustang stays on and the other seats basically sit there in the garage, so I guess my butt votes for the Mustang too.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CHEESE
I bought one at the Mustang tent in Sturgis in 07 for my old Street Bob, then rode an 800 mile day in complete comfort on the way back.

It did move me way back though, people usually say it moves you back about an inch, but mine made me feel like I was way further back than only an inch.
I have a '92 Fatboy.
I bought the Vintage Wide Solo (17.5") and the 14" pillion instead of the one with the 1 piece seat pan, so I could remove the pillion if I want to.
It took me a couple days to get used to, as mine moved me ahead about 1.5" and I was quite a bit closer to the bars compared to my stock fatboy seat, and my legs used to straight when I had my feet on the highway pegs, but now they're they're not. But now that I'm used to it, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
With my stock seat my a$$ would be numb in about half an hour, but now I can ride for hours and not even notice.
The seat is not that soft, but I find that the shape of seat is much more important than the softness. Its shaped similar to an old tractor seat, and those were bare steel, and you could sit on them all day. The shape is what to look for, not the padding.

Quick Reply: Mustang Seats