General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 12:37 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Bikers suggested looking into the following brands for DOT Low Profile Helmets.

Daytona
ACC
HelmetsRus
HCI

Read full discussion below to see what fellow bikers had to say about these brands
Print Wikipost

Best DOT approved Low profile Half Helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Nassau Chainsaw
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best DOT approved Low profile Half Helmet?

Hey guys, This is my first post. I am finally the proud owner of an 09 Fat Bob. I need a nice Half Helmet, In most half helmets my head looks like a mushroom or it just looks stupid.. I have been looking around at these ACC helmets they are 180 bucks, also looked at the Bell Drifter and a few other Carbon Composite helmets im not sure whats gonna actually look small low profile, and fit right. I work alot so its hard to get out to shops to check em out... I wanna buy online. Anyone have Suggestions? Thanks For your help!!!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:08 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i went with the acc helmet..had it since feb. love that helmet...got mine from chillohowee leather...look on the acc website,it gives a list of dealers..check on the ones that have a web site

Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 AM
bullseye
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ACC is the best by far. If you order direct and tell them you are a forum member you get a 10% discount.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer

I think any helmut thats Dot will make you look like a mushroom head. Most of the helmuts you see on tv that look good and fit really tight are novelty helmuts. I bought the drifter thinking it looked good in the picture but when i got it was just like all the rest. Felt like Gazoo

Old 06-13-2009, 07:10 AM
hawg20
Cruiser

The best price I found on the ACC dot helmet was at THE HELMET SHOP in Daytona $161.00. They are not as low profile as the novelty helmet but close. I get more attention on my helmet than my bike. There was a waiting list last year on the helmet, don't know the status this year.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:06 AM
woodworking1
Road Master

look up Daytona DOT helmets. Their website shows great pics of their helmets and gives dimensions for all the different sizes. I tried one on at my local shop and it was very lite and fit pretty good. Smallest "mushroom effect" yet and I have a small head! they also offer a DOT approved QD kit for the strap
John

Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Nassau Chainsaw
Stage IV

Thanks everyone, any more ideas are welcome...

Razor
Nassau Chainsaw
www.myspace.com/nassauchainsaw

Old 07-07-2009, 11:56 PM
SnailTraX
Advanced
Default Hci

I own an HCI helmet. I got it because the ACC was out of stock every where I looked, and had a six week wait, and cost over $180.00 at the time. Looked on google for helmets and found HCI at Helmetsrus. I ordered the HCI-100-134. It came in two days. Two of my friends own the ACC helmets and let me say this, they are not as nice on the inside as the HCI. One of them is actually white in the inside. Both have cheap looking foam that reminds me of a car headliner. Mine has a better looking interior without a doubt. It is totally finished. Both of them complain that the foam is too thin and the liner is too hard. Mine is no larger than either of theirs. No mushroom head. Best part is I paid less than $110.00 shipped. Now I notice prices have risen a little, but hey, so has everything else. You want it now, they have it now. They did have a 10% off special going on when I bought mine, just ask the person answering the phone if there any current specials. I am in no way affiliated with HCI or Helmetsrus, I just like the helmet I bought. And saved a bunch too. I see they have a Daytona DOT Skullcap now. I know nothing about it though. Looks interesting.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:31 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

nassau, here are a few pics of ACC helmets.

Attached Thumbnails Best DOT approved Low profile Half Helmet?-helmet.jpg   Best DOT approved Low profile Half Helmet?-flat-20black.jpg  
Old 07-08-2009, 04:41 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Default variety

and here are a few from HelmetsRus, so you can see fer ya self.

in any event Helmets rUS was in fact a better alternative as far as pricing is concerned, i called ACC, and their as a matter of fact attitude cinched it for me. im certianly not gonna be buying from them.

im gonna call helmetsrus today, see how well they respond to a prospective customer.

For me its all about the stroke job, make me feel important even if your full of ****, and ill drop a few wallets on you if i could.

See you on the Belt.

Attached Thumbnails Best DOT approved Low profile Half Helmet?-helmetsrus_2062_10190754.gif   Best DOT approved Low profile Half Helmet?-helmetsrus_2062_10489433.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best DOT approved Low profile Half Helmet?