General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane update

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:13 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

I hate drinking and driving. One time I chipped a tooth on my Michelob when i hit a bump in the road.

Last edited by garand; 06-08-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 PM
IrishHarleymin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is sad, so much talent and he ruined his life. I feel bad for good people that make this mistake, but in this case, he was said to have suspended license?? Should not have been driving to begin with. He is lucky 9 years is all he got.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Inked624
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People are responsible for their actions, and in this case he was IR-responsible!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SgtMic
Hope he gets the full 9 years in the slammer. Drunk drivers get no sympathy from me.
Ditto. My sisiter was killed by a drunk 2 days before her high school graduation. No sympathy whatsoever.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:01 PM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Not over the basturd will most likely get time served and walk.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I made the decision 10 years ago to stop drinking because it was getting out of control. That being said, I've always liked Billy's work, and I've met and talked with him over the years, and I always liked him as a person...but his lifestyle caught up with him, and it's his time to pay up...I can also say that his behaviour while drinking wasn't a whole lot different than many people I've met at rallys and around home at bars...I've seen way too many guys climb on bikes or behind the wheel when they had no business doing so, and most of them were lucky they didn't kill themsrlves or someone else, but a few of them did...there's no excuse for anyone doing that, but Lane sure didn't invent the role of the drunk driver or biker...and 9 years? I've seen local boys get the same or less for the same offense...I don't think anyone anywhere would go to court on something like this and not get the best legal representation he could to bargain in his behalf...if anyone here or anywhere else would just suck it up and ask the judge to give him the max, more power to him...I know I wouldn't...

The whole thing was a damn shame, and the loss of any life is a tragedy...it's a wake up call for Billy, and I personally know some people who need to pay attention before it happens to them...my condolences and prayers are still out there for the family of Gerald Morelock...

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 06-08-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member

He paying up now losing his shop, house, money, and freedom...

Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM
redling36
Cruiser

It is really sad when anybody loses their life due to another persons negligance. He should build a few bikes and raffle them every year for the victims family as well as other charities and drunk driving campaigns. I know it is a touchy subject but maybe he could do more good by contributing to society because of what he did rather than sit and be non-productive in a jail somewhere. Again, just a suggestion. It really is a tragedy for all involved.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Dynaglide 1450
It is sad, so much talent and he ruined his life. I feel bad for good people that make this mistake, but in this case, he was said to have suspended license?? Should not have been driving to begin with. He is lucky 9 years is all he got.
Talent???? He is a hack that jumped on the bike craze band wagon. He a talentless drunken hack that deserves to be in jail for KILLING a beloved father, husband, and grandfather. 9 years? Not enough Talent??? ROFLMAO. JMO I could be wrong.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I met billy last october at the bikes blues and bbq festival in fayetteville arkansas. He seemed like a nice guy and carried on conversation with me. It didnt seem like he had let the success go to his head. Obviously the choice he made to drive drunk was unfortunate and sad for the mans family who was killed. This kind of thing is what gives bikers a bad name. Bad deal.

Quick Reply: Billy Lane update