General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the end of vtwin 96

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jake318, you are so right.

I watched a documentary on TV a year or so ago. It wasn't about bike in general but they did point out that if every motorcycle was taken off the road, there would be no "significant" change in our air quality OR any "measurable" difference in our environment.

Back to what I said earlier, if big brother says it, too many people just go along with it.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 PM
POPS87FXR
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gutman
I can tell you from 30 years in the Harley buisness, he don't know until July.
Amen to that.
Nothing is for sure untill 9am on the first day of the Summer Dealer Meeting.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:43 PM
POPS87FXR
Tourer

Originally Posted by sporty2003
we will know in a few week's what is going to be . i really dont expext alot of change due to slow of sale's. but will see.

Our DM from the moco has already told us this will be the lagest new model roll out ever..........we'll see.

My opinon, the first Waterbagger will be built around the now discontinued FLTR.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:12 PM
883Ironman
Advanced

Originally Posted by vaughn4380
Everyone would still call it a girl's bike.

Sadly, you are right. It's a "macho" thing to have the biggest motor. If you have anything smaller thgan the biggest you're either not a man, or you're too "poor" to afford anything "nicer".

I posed a question to some guys a while back: "If the Dodge Viper had a 400hp V8 and a 500hp V10, would the V8 "base model" be considered a chick car?"

Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
jimmie d wad
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
I wish......
ill 2nd that at least im comfertable working on my evos.dont understand the high speed wobble issue.with touring bikes.why you doing high speed cornering on these bikes there not sport bikes.some people bitch about the throttle lag on fl by wire bikes.id call it a good roll on feel.not enough passing power outta a 96"i can go from 60 to 100 loaded with wife on back in the distance it takes to pass a semi.08 rkc for touring hopped up hd evo in my chopper.some day ill get the wife to post pictures.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:18 PM
jimmie d wad
Tourer

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
We're all happy about having the 103/110 option. The BS is that you have to buy this IN ADDITION to your stock 96. When you buy a car you don't buy the basic 4-banger and have to buy a seperate 6cyl; you just choose which engine you want!

Harley ought to offer an engine option.

"Would you like your Fatbob with a 73, 96, 103, or 110, Sir?"
yea couldnt understand why hd couldnt put my bike together the way i wanted it at the factory.instead of at the dealership.i build agg tractors till i become a casualty of this depression next thurs.and thats how its done where i work the customer tells the dealler what they want engine size gps all there othere bells and whistles.then its shipped.to get the tank iwanted would have cost me onother 1100 bucks.not like i picked it off the show room floor.had to wait 3 months for it.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:22 PM
jimmie d wad
Tourer

Originally Posted by jake318
Harley is trying to keep the power the bikes already have . The EPA restrictions keep strangling the engines more and more , forcing the displacement increaces to keep status quo. The EPA is a department that has no checks and balance . whatever they say is gospel in the publics eye and they know it . Talk to any scientist out of the EPA loop and they will tell you the EPA theories are shakey at best. They use scare tactics for continued/increasing funding . Jake
come on now this is from the same govement polices that bring us safe drugs through the fda.if they say its safe its safe.and im sure no one got a nice little kick back.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:22 PM
WildBillHarley
Cruiser
Cool Nuff Said

Originally Posted by cowboy1
Screw the following:

EPA
CARB
Nancy Pilosi
Obama
Sierra Club
Friends of the bay
Sierra club...they are worth 2 screwings
DNC
Congress
Liberals in general
Anyone who wants my guns
Tree huggers
Most people in Santa Cruz
Those idiots who sleep in trees to protect them
Non spotted owl eating people...They are yummy!
Tree huggin grass muchin lesbian planet savers
Vegans Vegiterians
France
Peta
Well said my brother...

Old 06-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Poorguy
Is it all about speed and outrunning another bike? Hell metrics can do that too. That's not why I bought my FB. I have no intention of getting into races, or trying to out run other bikes. I'm not a throttle jumper and could care less if someone I'm riding with guns it.
Yeah, well as somebody said in the distant past, there is no replacement for displacement. I for one, enjoy being able to keep up with a minivan when accelerating uphill on a freeway onramp, or a little extra pop when passing or merging onto a superslab.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM
timjab
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WildBillHarley
Well said my brother...
Heck Yeah... when are some people with cojones gonna stand up to all this B S

Quick Reply: the end of vtwin 96