General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ridin' with dad

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:29 PM
redrocker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for getting me chocked up. I love the times I get to ride with my dad, and I look forward to many more year of riding with him.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Punk_Rocker
Cruiser

damn

made me miss mine, just took my bike to the cemetary to show him a couple of weeks ago

i think he would've liked it

Old 06-05-2009, 01:38 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That is one AWESOME STORY DUDE!!! Your lucky to have that kind of RELATIONSHIP with your dad, a lot of us are LESS FORTUNATE!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:53 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing this with us. As a dad who is fortunate to have a young son who loves to ride, I can honestly say I know how proud your dad must feel riding with you. When my 16 yr old and I go out on our bikes, I'm constantly watching him and enjoying the fact that we do ride together.

Ride as much as you can with him, you'll both cherish it always, and as you said, it is quality time.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:24 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great story!

Headed out with my Dad in July on the Blue Ridge Parkway. He's 71 and still riding strong. Only thing is he doesn't ride HD's. Nobody's perfect!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Gotta run, something fell in my eye..can't see to type very well."

Must be a lot a that **** goin round! Damn, I can't see worth a crap either. Man...I wish my boys were into ridin and knew how much their old man loved it. You my friend are going to savor those memories for the rest of your life. Geez

Old 06-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

My dads been gone almost 20 yrs. , and I never got to ride with him . Drinking took over his life when he was young . His last ride was a "48" Pan . My brother wants to take a trip sometime with me . He hasn't been on a bike in 3 yrs. though . His bike is in sad shape and needs some TLC bad . But we'll manage to get it taken care of if he wants to go on that ride sometime . ................Kev

Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM
steved57
Intermediate

this is a cool thread !! my dad started riding again about ten years ago putting 20,000 mile plus on his Road King a year- i have been riding dirt bikes, racing sportbikes and street riding sport bikes all my life (39 years of riding) and two years ago i bought an 07 Softail Deluxe and began riding with him but one year ago today he ran off the road in middle of nowhere
New Mexico and broke his femur, knocked out and just generally beat him up (he is 76 years old) so he decided to not ride anymore - now i wish i would have bought the harley ten years ago when he started riding again
and rode all that time with him

steve

Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 PM
wyoming55
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats a great story, glad you shared it, hopefully you'll get to do many more times

Old 06-05-2009, 06:13 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Man that is so cool, getting to ride with your dad. I'm sure both of you will remember it for a very long time.

I never had that chance as my dad passed away many years ago. But I do remember when I was just a kid, getting to ride on the back of his bike. I only wish I had the opportunity that you did. Hopefully you guys will get to do it again and again.

Quick Reply: Ridin' with dad