General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YANKEE Harley , bristel ct,new owner same old bull

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009 | 07:40 PM
Bigwillie
|
Road Master
Default YANKEE Harley , bristel ct,new owner same old bull

3 weeks ago driving by yankee i see a banner under new management so i turn around to check it out. if it wasn`t for the banner i would have kept on going from past experience there. i start talking to one of the sales guy`s for about ten minutes the conversation was pleasant . i needed a air pump and spark plugs for my bike so i decided to get them there .

when i got home i noticed he sold me the wrong plugs, how you can f that up i don't know, but hay it happens. But the turn came when i went to return them the next weekend and didn't exchange because i bought the right ones at another dealer because i just put a PCV on my bike and wanted fresh plugs. so when i returned them the guy was a nasty ***** he said whats wrong with them? i said ah there the wrong plugs, and i wanted to return them he said i cant refund your money but give you store credit, i said you wont return my money for selling me the wrong part? its not like i bought 4 qts of oil and wanted to return 1 for gods sake they sold me the wrong parts, he had a real nasty attitude too, and said he would have to talk to the sales manager but he is not here now. after i hemmed and hawed he finally gave in and gave the paperwork to another kid behind the counter and just walked away the other kid took my receipt to give me the refund on my debit card. Well it`s been 2 weeks and i just checked my account and no refund so they take the plugs back and don't give the refund what did they do cancel the transaction after i left? this will be an expensive $6 . after i finally get my money back i will never go in yankee again just like old times and i will be sure to spread the word!

Old 06-04-2009 | 11:34 PM
bigdaddybiker
1st Gear

What a bunch of chit. On the debit card thing I work in retail and we never put money back on a debit card, have seen it take as long as a month to show up (based on customers phone calls). They are not on the same system as credit cards. Anyhow you can call your bank, they might see a pending credit to your account. Needless to say I would not go back either.

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:01 AM
FlatDF
Tourer

Heard bad things about these guys before as well. I've had good luck w/TSI in ellington, ct (where I and a bunch of others bought their bikes). I've been in Gengras HD in east hartford a few times, their parts dept is alright but their sales guys are all dicks. Good luck!

Chris

Old 06-05-2009 | 10:56 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey, could have been worse. Since plugs do have current going through them, they could have sprung that "No Refunds on Electrical Parts" crap on you.

Had local dealer do that one time when I tried the smoked lenses on my 2004 EGC. Mounted the 4 bulbs and lenses, turned them on, decided I didn't like the look and took everything back off. Never even cranked the bike up. The parts weinie said "No refunds on electrical parts". Luckily someone with some sense walked by and said, "Yeah, we can refund your money on that part."

Old 06-05-2009 | 11:07 AM
Poorguy
Tourer

Once this thread has run it's course, print it and walk it in and lay it on their desks.

Old 06-05-2009 | 12:07 PM
troutphisher
Advanced

[QUOTE][Once this thread has run it's course, print it and walk it in and lay it on their desks./QUOTE]

Best idea I heard in a while. That would get their attention

Old 06-05-2009 | 12:11 PM
troutphisher
Advanced

Best idea I heard in a while. That would get their attention

Old 06-05-2009 | 12:23 PM
garand
Road Master

+1 Let em know I won't stop there either. Strange how my experience with dealers "under new management" seem worse with the new staff.

Old 06-05-2009 | 03:38 PM
Bigwillie
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by unome
hey, could have been worse. Since plugs do have current going through them, they could have sprung that "no refunds on electrical parts" crap on you.

Had local dealer do that one time when i tried the smoked lenses on my 2004 egc. Mounted the 4 bulbs and lenses, turned them on, decided i didn't like the look and took everything back off. Never even cranked the bike up. The parts weinie said "no refunds on electrical parts". Luckily someone with some sense walked by and said, "yeah, we can refund your money on that part."
unome . You don`t understand! He gave me plugs for a evo ,i have a twinkie and yes i told him what they were for,he just made a mistake, do you think i am not due a refund for getting the wrong item ?

Old 06-05-2009 | 03:41 PM
Bigwillie
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by poorguy
once this thread has run it's course, print it and walk it in and lay it on their desks.
this is exactly my plan!

Quick Reply: YANKEE Harley , bristel ct,new owner same old bull