General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YANKEE Harley , bristel ct,new owner same old bull

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009 | 03:51 PM
Blackrock
Novice

This is good to know, because I was planning on heading up and checking out Yankee this weekend. I have been dealing with Bridgeport and Stamford Harley for the last few years (only because they are local) and they absolutely positively suck. Just two weeks ago I saw on they're website "Under new management" so I stopped in (maybe HD is realizing that the bad service is a problem finally?) Alot of the same people working there that were the problem before, and all of the same bullshit. One guy at the parts counter waiting on 5 customers while the others BS in the back room They have for some reason unstocked thier shelves. I am not exaggerating, they took down at least 60%-70% of thier parts, and the shelves have been bear for at least 8 weeks. I bought my bike there last year and had to beg for a free t-shirt, nevermind any kind of drop in price.

But anyway, bottom line, Yankee looks like it isn't any better. I won't be going there if they can't even get spark plugs right.

On another note, I was in Danbury Harley a couple weeks ago, and within the first 10 minutes I had three people ask if they could help me with anything, and that was in the parts and motorclothes sections, not even looking at bikes. I was shocked, and not used to suck good treatment.

Last edited by Blackrock; 06-05-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2009 | 04:06 PM
Bigwillie
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by blackrock
this is good to know, because i was planning on heading up and checking out yankee this weekend. I have been dealing with bridgeport and stamford harley for the last few years (only because they are local) and they absolutely positively suck. Just two weeks ago i saw on they're website "under new management" so i stopped in (maybe hd is realizing that the bad service is a problem finally?) alot of the same people working there that were the problem before, and all of the same bullshit. One guy at the parts counter waiting on 5 customers while the others bs in the back room they have for some reason unstocked thier shelves. I am not exaggerating, they took down at least 60%-70% of thier parts, and the shelves have been bear for at least 8 weeks. I bought my bike there last year and had to beg for a free t-shirt, nevermind any kind of drop in price.

But anyway, bottom line, yankee looks like it isn't any better. I won't be going there if they can't even get spark plugs right.

On another note, i was in danbury harley a couple weeks ago, and within the first 10 minutes i had three people ask if they could help me with anything, and that was in the parts and motorclothes sections, not even looking at bikes. I was shocked, and not used to suck good treatment.
i like danbury that`s where i bought my bike , the parts guys are cool too, when i put a s/e a/c on my bike i was looking for a k&n filter all they had was new harley filters then the parts manager comes out the back with a k&n take off from a bike they just put a heavy breather ,he put it in a bag and said have a nice ride home wouldnt take any money so i bought a oil temp gauge for $139! That`s the way it should be! The filter is still in my bike

Old 06-05-2009 | 04:54 PM
hfd13
Cruiser

never been there. cant judge. i just bought a bike at southampton harley in ma. about 8 weeks ago. while i was there fighting with the sales manager and service dept on warrenty repiars. they had a meeting with every one that works there. when my sales guy nick came back out he said they just bought yankee harley. sounded like some kind of buy out. and nick was telling me, cant remember the number but it high on new bikes they have sold. like i said never been there but they must be doing something right. most of the people at southampton harley were good. parts guys knew what they were doing sales guy were ok. after all they are sales men. sales manager was an @$$. like all new managment take overs change dont happen over night. just my 2 cents.

Old 06-06-2009 | 12:41 PM
Bigwillie
|
Road Master

Yankee suck`s!

Old 06-06-2009 | 01:55 PM
davidc
Road Master

One of my friends just bought a Street Glide in April he looked a Yankee but they didn't have one at the time, he wound up buying it from Gengras in East Hartford. I bought my Sportster from Danbury and I had no problems with the sales or parts people but their service dept suck. When it was due for the 1k service, I made an appointment took it in the bike wasn't ready for 5 days. when I went to pick it up I complained to the service manager he said priority service is for those who have service contracts, and proceded to try to sell me one for $800 for the 1st 3 services,1k,2500. 5k. I bought the contract, big mistake, took the bike back at 2500k for service, the next day I was riding it was getting dark as I was going through a sharp left turn and the bike started to slide out, then it caught almost high siding me off the bike but I saved it, I thought there must of been someting on the road I did not see and rode carefully home the rest of the way. The next morning I see oil spots on the driveway, I open the garage door to see a puddle of Syn3 under the bike, I examine the bike and the rear tire, brakes, fender, belt all covered in oil. This is Sunday Monday I call, tell the service writer to put the service manager on the phone, he sends their truck to pick it up, my wife forgets to give them the key so later in the day they call to say they need the key. I stop by the dealer to drop off the key and see what happened. They said the derby cover was seated right and cuased the oil leak, but they fixed it and cleaned the bike, and after a test ride it was ready, I said did you replace the rear tire and brakes?? No we cleaned them, I said no way I want the rear tire and brakes replaced, after some heated discussion they agreeded. A few months later the bike was totaled when I was taken out by a cage. I bought a new Dyna at Moronies in New Windsor NY. I went back to Danbury to get a refund on the 5k service that I now was not going to use, they refused to refund the last unused service. So far Moronies is a much better dealer to work with smaller friendly staff, kinda old school instead of the large Harley Palace dealers.

Old 06-06-2009 | 02:05 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard

Originally Posted by solowrider
Yankee suck`s!
Looks like they do and so do the Yankees

Old 06-15-2009 | 04:56 AM
Bigwillie
|
Road Master

it`s been 4 weeks and still no refund to my credit card. what now?

Old 06-15-2009 | 09:46 AM
casique
Road Warrior

The stealers are their own poison! Very few good ones...

Old 06-15-2009 | 09:55 AM
Lt James
Tourer

Thanks for the heads up, my parents live in Bristol and I stop in that place every now and then, but will definitely not give them any of my money.

Old 06-15-2009 | 10:38 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

Registered letter first with the time period on it. Wait and see if the issue is resolved in a few days. Hope you kept your paper work or at least logged down what was said and to whom when. Contact better business bureau and lodge a complaint. Opinion section of local paper is an option as is an ad in the local paper. State nothing but facts--don't slander or libel. You could also do an informational picket, if you don't violate the laws in front of their business. Pickets are allowed on a public right of way here with limitations. It is only six dollars and the question is --is it the money or the principal? I am vindictive by nature--screw me--I screw you till we die every way and every time I get the chance. You have to decide how much this means to you and how far you are willing to pursue it. JMO
Originally Posted by solowrider
it`s been 4 weeks and still no refund to my credit card. what now?

Last edited by oldairboater; 06-15-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: YANKEE Harley , bristel ct,new owner same old bull