General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mainers,Where do u ride when u

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
gregwaa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Mainers,Where do u ride when u

Have a few hours to ride to yourself.
Im not talking 5-whatever hours, I work a.ms and usually done around noon, Not many friends that have the same schedule so i pretty much ride alone.
I live in So.Portland and OOB is getting old,Bentlys is still ok but im looking for some nice 2-3 hours on the scoot,not looking for the bar to bar ride,done that years ago,Ive been up thru Harrison area which is nice,
But if anyone has any place they really enjoy, id love to hear about it,
Thanks and ride safe,

Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Ultra110
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live over in NH but I love to ride up in the Skowhegan,Rangely, Rumford, Jay, Oxford Fryeburg, Sanford, areas..... Drove truck hauling logs and chips for years and this was one of the maine areas I operated in....connect the dots anyway you like and there is always a good back road to find...Take 25 or 302 or 2 over into NH and there are some nice rides there too. Rt 1 up the coast is nice but traffic sux. have to do this off season...

Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 AM
gregwaa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks Ultra

Ill have to try that out. I went out Wed, and did the rt 26 from Harrison and Oxford down thru Mechanic Falls.into Auburn, crossed over into Gorham and then home. rode solo.which im findinf i enjoy .Put about 130 miles on her and going out today if it clears up.
Thanks again
Ride safe and enjoy

Old 06-05-2009, 11:17 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We rode from East TN up to Bar Harbor last year...and, all I gotta say is...DAYUM! That's some beautiful countryside up there, and some of the nicest folks I ever did meet. I found that once ya get away from the Route 1/I-95 corridor...'bout any road in Maine is some good backroad ridin. Damned shame it's cold 8 months outta the year...and, then wet and cold the other four. ...'least that's how it felt for us durin our week there. But, we still fell in love with yer fine state, and will definitely head back up there one day.

Obviously, I don't know Maine well enuf to serve as tour guide...but, ya might try out highway 109 over to the Lake Winni area.