General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Nail Brigade

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009 | 12:16 AM
MidnitEvil
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Angry Black Nail Brigade

You may have heard about a biker - Anita Zaffke - who was killed by a chick who was painting her nails while driving.

Her son started an organization called The Black Nail Brigade after learning his mom's killer was not likely to be charged with anything significant.

A few weeks later (Saturday, Memorial Day weekend), a husband and wife were killed as they rode with 5 other bikes. There were two cars stopped at a stop sign, waiting to let the bikers pass. A young woman came up behind them, and hit them without slowing - no word on what she was doing other than driving (although I heard a rumor she was texting). When she hit the two cars in front of her, she pushed them into the path of the bikes. All 6 bikes went down. Wade & Denise Thomas were killed.

We attended their wake, along with some other Black Nail Brigade Riders. Although I didn't know them, it was all very sad.

More important than attending wakes though, the Black Nail Brigade intends to attend court dates for drivers who kill bikers, and to keep in contact with prosecutors and politicians to fight for stricter penalties for those who kill bikers due to willful negligence while driving.

If you are in the Northern Illinois/Indiana, Southern Wisconsin region, I urge you to please get involved with this group and help however you can.

http://www.blacknailbrigade.org/

Old 06-02-2009 | 12:26 AM
Rkoetting
Cruiser

MADD started with the same idea, and look at the power the wield now.

Old 06-02-2009 | 12:29 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
You may have heard about a biker - Anita Zaffke - who was killed by a chick who was painting her nails while driving.

Her son started an organization called The Black Nail Brigade after learning his mom's killer was not likely to be charged with anything significant.

A few weeks later (Saturday, Memorial Day weekend), a husband and wife were killed as they rode with 5 other bikes. There were two cars stopped at a stop sign, waiting to let the bikers pass. A young woman came up behind them, and hit them without slowing - no word on what she was doing other than driving (although I heard a rumor she was texting). When she hit the two cars in front of her, she pushed them into the path of the bikes. All 6 bikes went down. Wade & Denise Thomas were killed.

We attended their wake, along with some other Black Nail Brigade Riders. Although I didn't know them, it was all very sad.

More important than attending wakes though, the Black Nail Brigade intends to attend court dates for drivers who kill bikers, and to keep in contact with prosecutors and politicians to fight for stricter penalties for those who kill bikers due to willful negligence while driving.

If you are in the Northern Illinois/Indiana, Southern Wisconsin region, I urge you to please get involved with this group and help however you can.

http://www.blacknailbrigade.org/
+1 on this.. Squeaky wheels get the grease (old saying), but it's true.

Old 06-02-2009 | 02:33 AM
hpfatboy
Banned

It seems no matter how many people DIE from these FUC_ING CELL PHONES, nothing seems to change! Our polititions up here in CANADA have been DIDDLY DADDLY around with BANNING cell phones for the last 2 years, PROBLEM IS NONE OF THEM HAS THE ***** TO make the CHANGE. There all worried about NOT BEING RE-ELECTED POLITITIONS WILL SELL THERE SOUL TO THE DEVIL IF IT MEANS BEING RE-ELECTED!!!

Last edited by hpfatboy; 06-02-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2009 | 06:11 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member

Have a beer and run over somebody... you're looking at time and a whole bunch of money...

Paint your nails... do some texting... no problem if you kill somebody...

I don't see any difference... I mean, all didn't have control of their vehicle... WTF?

Doing your nails or texting or talking on the phone is just as rediculous as driving under the influence... hell probably worse!

Charlie D.

Old 06-02-2009 | 06:50 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by hpfatboy
It seems no matter how many people DIE from these FUC_ING CELL PHONES, nothing seems to change! Our polititions up here in CANADA have been DIDDLY DADDLY around with BANNING cell phones for the last 2 years, PROLEM IS NONE OF THEM HAS THE ***** TO make the CHANGE. There all worried about NOT BEING RE-ELECTED POLITITIONS WILL SELL THERE SOUL TO THE DEVIL IF IT MEANS BEING RE-ELECTED!!!
Thats a fact. its about keeping their cushy jobs instead of making tough
decisions that might not be popular to the Jerry Springer watching, soda, chips, tv, non driving couch idiots that now roam the land because society
in general has made everything so safe that any idiot can survive anything
to grow into a fat, disgusting, stupid older person. There is no weeding out of idiots through attrition anymore and yes, thats how I really feel.

Old 06-02-2009 | 06:59 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hpfatboy
It seems no matter how many people DIE from these FUC_ING CELL PHONES, nothing seems to change! Our polititions up here in CANADA have been DIDDLY DADDLY around with BANNING cell phones for the last 2 years, PROLEM IS NONE OF THEM HAS THE ***** TO make the CHANGE. There all worried about NOT BEING RE-ELECTED POLITITIONS WILL SELL THERE SOUL TO THE DEVIL IF IT MEANS BEING RE-ELECTED!!!
New laws ain't gonna do squat. We have several regions in the country where it IS outlawed, and it still happens. Til they start treatin this for what it is...negligent vehicular homocide...ain't nuttin gonna change.

Old 06-02-2009 | 07:19 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Just last week, 19 yr old, plowed into a stopped school bus, lights flashing, stop arm out.
WHOLE load of witnesses, PLUS the lady in the car behind her. She was looking down (texting, whatever) and NEVER even slowed.

How do you combat that??? How do you survive that???

Driving ANY vehicle, is a full time job. Chit happens in microseconds, NOT minutes.

And ALL these folx who yak and drive, I'm talking 'bout PARENTS, are teaching the next generation, driving is NO BIG DEAL. It IS a big deal, and people DIE doing it.

I happened to come in for a pop yesterday afternoon, and Dr Phil was on the tube. I saw the commercial break heading, and it was "Text Driving". So I watched part of it. He had a 18, 19 yr old, from Dallas/FW who's attitude was, people who get into accidents while texting, just are NOT as coordinated or as good, as she is. The next 'guest', was a Mom, who's 17 yr old daughter, was killed when another kid, texting, ran a red light at 50 mph, and right thru her driver's door. The girl's attitude, DID NOT CHAnGE. She still thinks she is way good enough to drive, WITH HER KNEE, and text with both hands.
When Phil asked her how come she just HAS to text non stop, WELL, of course, to stay in contact with her friends. You know, the ones you have NEVER heard from, since you graduated, they were so "F"ing close.

IMFUO, it's worse than drunk driving, at least drunks have their eyes, (if they can focus them) looking forward.

I am NOT a big fan of MORE laws and legislation. EDUCATE, don't LEGISLATE.

THANX for the link, Midnite. Hopefully this will take off, just like the Patriot Guard, National, and ALL encompassing. A rallying point, for ALL of us, who ride, AND drive.

Last edited by Da Gumpmeister; 06-02-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-02-2009 | 07:31 AM
The Architect
Banned

I live down in southern Illinois and will support this group in whatever manner I can. Hopefully it takes off and eventually leads to some sort of change or reform.

Old 06-02-2009 | 07:37 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

i cant stand that ****... when im on the bike and i see someone texting while driving or at a stop light... i'll let them know how i feel about it! or if they are talkin on the cell and not paying attention to anyone around them, and they got their window open, i just roll on the throttle and let the pipes eat... i figure i can make them pay attention for at least 10-15 seconds to whats going on around them.

Quick Reply: Black Nail Brigade