General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Nail Brigade

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009 | 04:26 PM
MidnitEvil
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by skidder
I work a casual shift as a gas station attendant ( gas jockey ) and sometime's I'll have someone pull in while using there cell phone. They just keep yapping or texting while I stand there waiting for them to open the window and tell me what gas they want. Some of them even have a smoke lit up and when I ask them to put out the smoke they look at me like I'm an ***. I want to pour gas in their lap and throw a match in the car.
Funny thing about smoking in gas stations... when I was a kid back in the 60's & 70's, when gas stations still had an attendant come out to pump your gas, most times that attendant would have a lit cigarette dangling from his mouth. I don't recall ever hearing of a gas station fire caused by the attendant smoking. Not saying it never happened, but, it certainly didn't happen often enough for it to be anything significant.

Old 11-25-2009 | 08:07 PM
Chaos
Tourer

A lady at the Shell station down the road was smoking while pumping gas. From what I heard, it must've splashed back or something and it got on her arm, which then caught fire. Luckily a deputy was close by and he put her out and then he arrested her for having a firearm.

Last edited by Chaos; 11-25-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-25-2009 | 09:15 PM
vtnightster
Tourer

heheh