General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Nail Brigade

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009 | 09:09 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member

I will do what I can to support this group. I'm sick of hearing about one of us getting killed because other people are frickin stupid!!!!! As far as I'm concerned driving while distracted and DUI are no different.

Old 06-02-2009 | 10:34 AM
iceman336
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hpfatboy
It seems no matter how many people DIE from these FUC_ING CELL PHONES, nothing seems to change! Our polititions up here in CANADA have been DIDDLY DADDLY around with BANNING cell phones for the last 2 years, PROLEM IS NONE OF THEM HAS THE ***** TO make the CHANGE. There all worried about NOT BEING RE-ELECTED POLITITIONS WILL SELL THERE SOUL TO THE DEVIL IF IT MEANS BEING RE-ELECTED!!!
They just banned them while driving in Sherwood Park, AB...

Old 06-02-2009 | 10:40 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

We can start chapters in every city. The more ### the more influence and power to get things done.

Old 06-02-2009 | 10:54 AM
Lures
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
You may have heard about a biker - Anita Zaffke - who was killed by a chick who was painting her nails while driving.

Her son started an organization called The Black Nail Brigade after learning his mom's killer was not likely to be charged with anything significant.

A few weeks later (Saturday, Memorial Day weekend), a husband and wife were killed as they rode with 5 other bikes. There were two cars stopped at a stop sign, waiting to let the bikers pass. A young woman came up behind them, and hit them without slowing - no word on what she was doing other than driving (although I heard a rumor she was texting). When she hit the two cars in front of her, she pushed them into the path of the bikes. All 6 bikes went down. Wade & Denise Thomas were killed.

We attended their wake, along with some other Black Nail Brigade Riders. Although I didn't know them, it was all very sad.

More important than attending wakes though, the Black Nail Brigade intends to attend court dates for drivers who kill bikers, and to keep in contact with prosecutors and politicians to fight for stricter penalties for those who kill bikers due to willful negligence while driving.

If you are in the Northern Illinois/Indiana, Southern Wisconsin region, I urge you to please get involved with this group and help however you can.

http://www.blacknailbrigade.org/
Thanks for the information ME.

Old 06-02-2009 | 11:10 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

I wish this group the best. Like a previous post here - What difference does it make how the driver was impaired - drunk, texting, painting their nails, or what have you. You killed someone and there should be consequnces.

Old 06-02-2009 | 01:37 PM
hpfatboy
Banned

Originally Posted by iceman336
They just banned them while driving in Sherwood Park, AB...
GLAD to hear the GOOD NEWS!!! ICEMAN MAYBE they will eventually get there HEADS OUT OF THE SAND HERE IN B.C. Im not going to hold my breath!!!

Old 09-20-2009 | 11:36 AM
MidnitEvil
|
Ultimate HDF Member

***UPDATE***

The nail painting bimbo who killed Anita Zaffke, was indicted on Wednesday, 9/16/09 for Reckless Homicide. She was originally cited for failure to reduce speed.

http://dygest.net/chicago/read/82082...of-Killing-Mot

Old 09-20-2009 | 12:03 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
***UPDATE***

The nail painting bimbo who killed Anita Zaffke, was indicted on Wednesday, 9/16/09 for Reckless Homicide. She was originally cited for failure to reduce speed.

http://dygest.net/chicago/read/82082...of-Killing-Mot
Good! Biker lives are counted way too cheaply. I've had a lot of friends killed over the years & NOT ONE of the people at fault faced charges more serious than running a stop sign!

Old 09-20-2009 | 12:16 PM
Beerninja
Tourer

I do hope this takes off in a big way. I went on a "Do you see me know" ride a few months back, and I know down here in South Tx we are trying to put together more awarness type of events, but if that takes off and makes it way down here I would support it big time.

Old 09-20-2009 | 12:25 PM
stamper5498
Road Captain
Wink

Originally Posted by Lures
Thanks for the information ME.
Just added to facebook
thanks

Quick Reply: Black Nail Brigade