General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Goggles/Glasses

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 AM
What 'Chew Talkin' Bout Willis
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a par of bobster raptor II's. They work great, looks good, inexpensive, have interchangeable lenses, and are available with a prescription if you need 'em.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a pair of Bobster transitional, they didn't get nearly dark enough and didn't seal well. Tried on a few pair of HD and walked out with a pair of Profile's. Perfect fit, and a fair bit darker.

Buying online is probably not the best idea, they all fit a little different... Better to try them on in person.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harbor freight has safety glasses works great for myself.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:43 PM
karaokeman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by maskedstranger
This is where I get all of mine. Great price and great products. Look at the Chopper Glasses.

http://www.olympiceyewear.com/

Used WileyX in Iraq and they always put pressure on my temples which caused headaches. A lot of the guys in my unit said they did the same to them also.

Did I read the price right? a dozen pairs for $27?

Old 06-03-2009, 01:09 PM
RDM
Road Master

Yeah, that's the price but look closely and make sure you understand the 'assorted colors' part. All the pairs in the box will be that style but might not be all the same color.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
drilerjim
Intermediate

I had the gal at the dealership I go to tell me about some goggles they offered. The ignorant part is I can't think of the brand I'm thinkin HD?(oldtimers kickin in). Anyhow she got me a pair that are in my prescription, they tansition dark in the sun. I dont have to change from dark to light when the sun goes down. They have removable faom so if a guy wanted to you could wear them like sunglasses. I love them, if I didn't look like a goof I would wear them all the time. They fit and feel better than my regular glasses. They were pricey though, $200-$250, somewhere around that. But well worth it. I can't stand contacts and don't want to wear 2 pair of glasses/goggles at the same time. I'm done ramblin now.
O.K. so maybe the goggles aren't what makes me look goofy

Old 06-03-2009, 06:11 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The best cheap riding glasses you can buy are Riders by Global Vision. Lots of different lens and frame treatments too. They are $9 to $10 bucks online from cheapersunglasses.com. I can't wear these anymore because my eyes are deteriorating, so I went with Wiley X Ink frames with transition prescription lenses. Love the glasses, but very expensive. They get plenty dark enough too.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by karaokeman
Did I read the price right? a dozen pairs for $27?
Yeah you read it right. They come in many colors and you get a combination of the colors. Some are yellow and clear and two different tents. I use these all the time and have never had a problem with them. I get a box and they last me a year easily.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Yves
Intermediate

i baught a set of hd goggles. i then had prescription transition lenses put in them. the problem with that is that transition lenses didn't have the fog free coating. i now have to spray them with anti-fog before every ride and they still manage to fog up a little from time to time. (I just re-adjust to allow a bit of air, then they clear up and back in place they go. I've come to be able to to that by squishing my nose in a bit while I'm riding. a bit of a pain in the ***, but it does the trick).

Old 06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

The optical department at our WalMart has some really nice sport safety glasses for $45 and up. Some are fittable with prescription lenses. I just ordered a pair of foam backed. Dang polycarbonate lenses cost me $100 a piece, however, with blended trifocals and astigmatism (sp?) correction.

Quick Reply: Riding Goggles/Glasses