General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wildcat HD is open in London KY

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:12 AM
PaFatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Wildcat HD is open in London KY

I just did a search on Wildcat Harley, The London newspaper said that it is to open today June 1st. They are owned by the same people that own Smokey Mountain Harley in Marysville Tenn. (I'll visit Marysville HD when I do the Dragon).

I'll bet they'll give Man O' War HD in Lexington a run for their money, they were the only game in town in that area. Just an FYI for ya'll if you live near South central KY.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:02 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Kentucky?... is that in the United States...?

J/K...

Charlie D.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man O War Harley is not and was not the only game in town. Both "Bluegrass Harley" and "Harley Davidson of Louisville" are as close or closer than London. Not sure where you are getting your info on that one. As for London opening, plan on riding down to check it out this weekend. What sucks is that Jason left the service dept at MOW to open the one in London. He is a really good guy to deal with, and will be missed in Lexington. FWIW, I have always been treated like gold in both "Man o War" and "Bluegrass HD"

Old 06-01-2009, 10:12 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

If Scott (the owner of Smoky Mountain H-D in Maryville) runs Wildcat anything close to the way he runs the one in Maryville...you'll be very satisfied with it. I've been doin business with Scott ever since he opened up in Maryville, and I wish every business owner treated me like I'm treated there. And, I'm seein a pattern here...an old time wrench from Knoxville H-D came over to the Maryville shop after Scott opened that 'un...must treat his employees as well as his customers.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

Anyone know if the one in Pikeville is still open ?

Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

...Scott should do good with Wildcat H-D. I wish him well. There is a HUGE market in the London area. His biz plan & track record at Smokey Mtn has been outstanding.

....as for Man-O-War H-D in Lexington, with or without Jason. ~Worst ever~. They suck *****.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Talking

Originally Posted by Softtail Deluxe
Anyone know if the one in Pikeville is still open ?
Yes, Pikeville store is still open, and owned by the same people that own Man O War in Lexington. I have been to Smokey Mtn HD once, and seemed friendly enough, so I assume they will do well in London. As for MOW HD sucking, you are the 2nd person i have ever heard say that......out of the hundreds I know who frequent there. They have always bent over backwards to help me on anything. Bike is always serviced on time and detailed prior to being brought out, never had an issue they didn't correct immediately, and you couldn't ask for a friendlier staff. All businesses should suck like that....

Old 06-02-2009, 12:32 AM
PaFatboy
Tourer

I've been traveling those roads to my in-laws @ Berea area for nigh on to 20 yrs or so, I'm not gettin' my information anywhere, I can get to Lexington allot quicker than I can to Louisville from London. Maybe you know a "secret" series of roads to go as the crow flies. I've gone from Louisville SE to London, through Somerset etc. it didn't seem like a shorter route to me. Course' I'm just a yankee from PA, being married to a KY girl for 40 yrs, I do speak fluent Hillbilly.....

My Bro-in-law bought a Nightrain from MOW, he's not real high on some of the sales/finance people there. Every time I go in there, I'm treated real nice, sales manager gave me a few different size Dip-Dots, he even had to go dig them out, because they were emptied out in sales and parts.

Wildcat will be handy for me when I visit, just up town from the White Castle too. I used to visit the little HD dealer on Rt 25 north near Pittsburg back in the 70's-80's. Last time I was down to KY, I visited Pikeville store. It's kinda small for what I'm used to, I then visited Prestonsburg HD. Wow what a supprise.....It's a sattellite store of Pikeville, just a parts counter and motorclothes. I did see 1 used Sporty and a Goldwing Trike setting on the floor. Probably won't go back there any time soon.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

Originally Posted by sldavis
Yes, Pikeville store is still open, and owned by the same people that own Man O War in Lexington. All businesses should suck like that....
Ah, yes spoken like a true BLUE member of the local H.O.G. chapter.

I guess there are at least 2 of em that suck: Lex & Pikeville. Prestonsburg doesn't even count since they don't have anything with 2 wheels. LOL

Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

I always liked the one in Pikeville .............I stop in there on my way down south . Always friendly too .

Quick Reply: Wildcat HD is open in London KY