Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie from Delaware with a Question for all shopping for First Harley !

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:46 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gubbylee
First I like to say hello to everyone and thanks for your time at taking the time read and answer my question ...

today I was at Mike Famous Harley New Castle Delaware for 94 WYSP Harley days of May with host DJ Dany Bonaduce and I was one of 107 people with a chance to win a 2009 Harley 883 Iron but I did not win the free bike but with my ticket Mikes famous said they would give me $1000.00 off a bike if I bought today ... so my question is did they give me a good deal on a 2009 Harley 1200 all black Nightster with their price of $11,200.00 but I offered was $10,000.00 and they took off $1000.00 because of my WYSP ticket so their offer was $9000.00 plus tax & tags ... so should I go with that deal or should I try to see if any other dealership can match or beat it ? or should I try to go even lower with Mikes ? ... thanks for your help in advance !
Gubbylee,

If I were you I would not buy from MikeFamous. The people who work there are very nice, but the Company is not very nice and not being up front. I went there three times I was not impressed.

I went to Hannums HD in Westchester in PA. I was blew away that way they way they do business. More later.

Here are the problems I found at Mike's Famous
1. You can't sit on the bike unless the salesman with you. I can walk into any Porsche dealers and take out a 911 for test ride alone. How so f*ck big deal.
2. All the bikes have a way-over inflated price above and beyond MSRP. Why the hell I would want to buy MSRP when the enconomy is so bad.
3. High pressure sale tactics turns me off. Hey we can cut you a deal if you can buy it now.
4. After 3 visits, they did not even give me a brochure. The brochure explains more than the HD website which I did not know.

I went to Hannums to explore their rental bike program, becasue I need to make find a proper bike for me. I was blew away for the way to do business. I met Dell, a young kid and very knowlegable. We just went back there yesterday. He just gave us two bikes each time for me and son (19) to ride. I told him both me and my son are new riders, what happens if we trash the bike. He said don't worry about it. That is what insurance for. We test rode a few Sporters, Dyna and Softails.

We can buy any bikes with $1000 off of the MSRP and any rental I pay, he will gives us the credit when we buy our bikes.

This is the way I like to be treated. This is the way I like to buy my toys.

Good luck.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:41 PM
brillopat883
Advanced
Exclamation get smart

I searched for over 2 years and i thought i had a deal with Hannums at Chadds Ford. I live in Dover Drove up there checkbook in hand, ready to buy. So when someone tells me i have a deal i take their word. Keep in mind my wife was still in the hospital with our second son. I get there and they want to add $$$ to the deal. I walked away over $500 bones. I ended up buying a brand new 2008 Deluxe from Mike's in Smyrna for $17500 OTD. It is Black Pearl with Security. MSRP on the website was $18,135 so throw in tax tag title i think i got a good deal. Mike's was easy to deal with had everything just as i wanted it.

Bottomline is this....Be educated, do your research and shop regionally. Go all over and shop dealers against each other. I went as far as looking at dealers in Ohio. That is where i am from so it would have been no inconvience to go get it to save. a fair deal is one you feel comfortable with. Don't let the big prices of Mike's scare you. If you are serious name you price and they will get there.

As far as Hannums goes, a man's word is his bond and they broke their's as far as i am concerned. I just went to Demo days there last month. I have been to more than a few of these and this by far the worst. Nuff said.

Be educated!!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Gubbylee
6th Gear

you guy are right Hannums beat mike by $300.00 !

Thanks guys !

Old 06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i was shopping for a rk. i emailed 5 local dealers looking for a used bike only dealer to contact me was hannum's. they made me a great deal on a leftover rk custom with full warranty and a low interest rate. now if they would send me the 2 tshirts they owe me (2yrs) they'd be 100 %

JR

Old 06-03-2009, 10:04 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

man, have sportsters gone up that much in price? hmm..

Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Gubbylee
6th Gear

mike wants to match the price now but wants to charge me for prep & freight charge of $895.00 0n top of the $8700.00 but Hannams does not !

Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Gubbylee
mike wants to match the price now but wants to charge me for prep & freight charge of $895.00 0n top of the $8700.00 but Hannams does not !

Your in the driver's seat now Bro. Tell them to drop the prep & freight. If they don't then buy it from Hannams. Remember your running the show, it's your $$$$$

Old 07-10-2009, 06:49 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Hannums sucks. They dont even want to deal with you.
I got my SG from Mikes under MSRP and they gave me top$$$$$$ for my 07 Nightrain.
I laugh at people that dont haggle with the dealers.
Name your price....If they pressure you, pressure them back. Play their game. I did, and I got what I wanted.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by brihvac
Hannums sucks. They dont even want to deal with you.
I got my SG from Mikes under MSRP and they gave me top$$$$$$ for my 07 Nightrain.
I laugh at people that dont haggle with the dealers.
Name your price....If they pressure you, pressure them back. Play their game. I did, and I got what I wanted.
Good for you. I guess when it comes to dealers, it is YMMV.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:06 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by brutalbrad
2009 Nightster 1200 from a dealer for only $9,000 is a great deal in my books. probably comes with warranty also.
Yep, sounds good if that's Ur bike of choice..

Quick Reply: Newbie from Delaware with a Question for all shopping for First Harley !