General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man I got lucky today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009 | 03:52 PM
jstreet0204
|
Road Master
Default Man I got lucky today!!!

Well sorta... it was a beautiful day today and my wife had clinicals today so it was just my son and I so we decided to ride the bike to church. Leaving church, I was in the right lane or a 4 lane divided hwy, doing the 45 speed limit. I came up to an intersction with a green light where there was a car stopped in the left turn lane. Just as got to the the intersection the lady in the left turn lane takes a right turn right in front of us. It happened so quick there was no where to go. Somehow I managed to lock up the rear brake and kick the back tire out to the left. We still hit the car, but because of the way the rear tire kicked out our left side smacked her passenger side door. Some how I managed to keep the bike from going down. I don't know how... My son left in an ambulance to get his ankle checked out, luckily nothing was broke, just swolen and sore. My left foot is pretty sore and it tore the sole off my left boot. Damage to my bike was minimal. It bent up my hwy peg brackets, and broke my license plate bracket. Unfortunately I never thought to turn the key off during the whole ordeal so the battery was dead and had to have it towed.

All in all I have had much better days, but I do feel very lucky because it could have been much worse. Somebody was watching over us today...

Old 05-31-2009 | 03:57 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member

Man, glad your OK.

People are friggin idiots. I wish you woulda been in a semi and knocked her *** into the next county.

Old 05-31-2009 | 04:11 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

At least you and your son are ok.did she get out apologize and offer to pay for damages? Was she on a cel phone? Acouple weeks ago,in my cage mind you, a lady signals left at 500 pm on a wednsday during rush hour and pulls her car to the right lane. As i am about to pass her she heaves left in front of me. I'm already pissed and she rolls down her window and says "Do I not have my flasher on?" So incredulous I begin to get up out of my car and I say " well you don't turn on the left flasher and go right" By this time she has swung Ubie and is facing the other direction and says "can't you see I'm turning my car around ( over the double solid yellwow lines) plus i have my kid in the car you idiot" Well i lost it at that point and started giving her some colorful facts of life when she says "you know why don't we stop arguing and just call the police" Boy if I wasn't already late for a night shift on a new job I would have stayed and made sure she got a ticket for Illegeal U-turn and dangerous driveing plus social services for endangering her own child in the process. Where do these people get a license to drive?

Old 05-31-2009 | 04:16 PM
Neocane
Cruiser

Originally Posted by maddghost
Where do these people get a license to drive?

Kmart.................isle 23, next to the toilet paper they use to wipe off their face when they occasionally pull their heads out of their asses.

Old 05-31-2009 | 04:18 PM
HDUltraRider
Banned

I am glade it turned out as it did could have been much worse.

Old 05-31-2009 | 04:25 PM
jstreet0204
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by maddghost
At least you and your son are ok.did she get out apologize and offer to pay for damages? Was she on a cel phone? Acouple weeks ago,in my cage mind you, a lady signals left at 500 pm on a wednsday during rush hour and pulls her car to the right lane. As i am about to pass her she heaves left in front of me. I'm already pissed and she rolls down her window and says "Do I not have my flasher on?" So incredulous I begin to get up out of my car and I say " well you don't turn on the left flasher and go right" By this time she has swung Ubie and is facing the other direction and says "can't you see I'm turning my car around ( over the double solid yellwow lines) plus i have my kid in the car you idiot" Well i lost it at that point and started giving her some colorful facts of life when she says "you know why don't we stop arguing and just call the police" Boy if I wasn't already late for a night shift on a new job I would have stayed and made sure she got a ticket for Illegeal U-turn and dangerous driveing plus social services for endangering her own child in the process. Where do these people get a license to drive?
She did stop and apologized. I think I scared her pretty bad yelling some pretty colorful words as I got off the bike. Not to mention I'm a 5'11 240lb non-competing body builder. I don't get mad often but when I do people tend to steer clear of me. There must have been about a dozen people stoped to help, and she just kind of stayed back out of the way, which was fine with me because the only thing I wanted to tell her was how much of an idiot she was, so I just let the state trooper deal with her.

Old 05-31-2009 | 04:29 PM
weezo
Tourer

Originally Posted by carpetride
Man, glad your OK.

People are friggin idiots. I wish you woulda been in a semi and knocked her *** into the next county.
+1 !!!!

Old 05-31-2009 | 05:30 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad to hear you and your son are not hurt seriously. Good luck getting the bike back as good as it was!

Old 05-31-2009 | 05:35 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member

Damn Bro
Glad your son and you are OK
Hope you get everything the bitch owns.

Old 05-31-2009 | 05:36 PM
trslim
Road Captain

It's scary out there...glad you and your son are well. Ride soon...

Quick Reply: Man I got lucky today!!!