General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer wont move on new bike prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006 | 01:54 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
|
Road Captain
Default dealer wont move on new bike prices

i went and bought a new 2006 street bob the dealer wouldn't move on the bike or the accessory's. he pretty much said if u dont buy it some 1 else will.. does this happen alot ? the bike is on order i put 1000 buxs down to hold it for me inspection on Tuesday. just seems like everything is fast paced i dont really like that since i am spending 16 grand i would have liked alittle more . he did give me my first 1000 mile service free but they do that for every 1 .. i realize that Harley sales are up 33 % but dame lol

Old 05-14-2006 | 02:28 PM
Georgia Rider
Cruiser
Default RE: dealer wont move on new bike prices

My dealer gave me a T shirt. The 1000 mile service on my Dyna cost me $300.

Old 05-14-2006 | 02:31 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
|
Road Captain

ok i dont feel so bad then haha i just thought i was gonna be able to work a better deal but i guess thats what u get when u wanna buy from the TOP DOG

Old 05-14-2006 | 02:49 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer

I got a thanks and a jar of Vaseline!

Old 05-14-2006 | 02:55 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer
Default w

w

Old 05-14-2006 | 03:07 PM
NEW2HD
Cruiser
Default RE: w

Neon,

I understand your predicament. The Hot Dog attitude of HD dealers and a lot of the riders are what disgust me about Harley Davidson. One of the reasons I am thinking of letting an indy service it for me instead of an HD dealer. I dont like how HD seems to think of itself as the "first" or the best, because they are neither. Truth be told, if I would have had another 3000 dollars, I would have bought an Indian Scout. But, my Sporty is a fine bike, with shitloads more power than I thought it would have, looks great and runs great, and for now, I am happy.

Your problem with the price is it is spring, and the dealer can be a ******** and say what he or she wants. However, if you would have waited until wintertime when HD's showrooms have frost on the windows and nobody's in their with money in their hands, he or she would have begged you to take that Street Bob. Have fun riding and be safe.

Old 05-14-2006 | 03:16 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

Harley thinks they are the best because they are. "If they don't sell the bike to you, they will sell it to someone else" is a common attitude and they can have it because it's true. You want an HD, I want an HD, evaryone on this forum wants an HD. I'm sorry for you experience, but it seems as though your happy with your purchase. I bought a $19,000 shirt, and they threw in a V Rod for free. Have fun on your new bike, and realize that most envy you because of it.

Old 05-14-2006 | 03:17 PM
mrghos
Road Master

I just boiught my EGS and paid less than MSRP for it. I hit them on the last day of April. Hell they will get their money back from me in mods and all that other crap. I told them that when i bought it. i said, I would not pay MSRP but I will be back to get mods. They seemed to like the idea and I bought the bike. The mods are done, and my bike is sweet. They even gave me three Cokes and a T-shirt... SCORE!!!!!

Old 05-14-2006 | 03:21 PM
NEW2HD
Cruiser

Easy,

You are entitled to your opinion. Have a great day......

Old 05-14-2006 | 03:41 PM
2smoooth
Road Captain

Decent price on the bike (made em match another dealer).. but they were not moving an inch on the bling.

Made it workthwhile for me to bring the bike in for the 1k service and point out the 4k or so in upgrades they missed out on selling me

Quick Reply: dealer wont move on new bike prices