General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer wont move on new bike prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006 | 08:00 PM
CoolChrome
Cruiser
Default RE: dealer wont move on new bike prices

ORIGINAL: LRonHoover

You got screwed! MSRP for an 06 Street Bob in Vivid Black is $13,195.
I'd be looking for a new stealer.....

Actually its a little more than $13,195.

Once you startup the paperwork they add all kind of neccessary stuff you must add to the bike.

Taxes, Alarm system with Remote pager, Transport & prep, Battery Charger, Passenger seat, Saddlebag, Saddlebag kits, bike cover, lock cable.. you will eventually bust the $16,000 easy.

Old 05-16-2006 | 10:28 PM
alazlo
Road Master
Default RE: w

Just talked to a dealership owner tonight. In Northern Ohio there are large dealerships wholesaling bikes to other dealers because they can't move them. It looks like the dealers that have been screwing people for years are finally getting theirs. My dealership was selling bikes at retail when everyone else was getting large premiums. You had to wait but he would get you a bike at retail. He's not having any problem moving his allotment. I think the Harley market has changed alot more this season than in years past.

Old 05-16-2006 | 10:49 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

yep say coolchrome 16k is what a bob would run otd with what he listed

Old 05-17-2006 | 12:04 AM
T Tommyt
Road Warrior

I just sent you an IM check it out

Old 05-17-2006 | 10:21 AM
NEONNIGHT34609
|
Road Captain

black denim is more i actually payed 15,323.00 out the door on the bike tax tag and title i payed MSR on it but thought i would get a better deal then that hahaha fat chance seems like every 1 in the dealer makes money since the chrome guy is diffrent then the sales men and the apparel women is diffrend then the parts counter guy lol its just seems like u get tossed around and screwed by the whole place .. o well i got my bike and am happy with it i guess i could have always bought a honda if i wanted somthing cheap
ORIGINAL: LRonHoover

ORIGINAL: NEONNIGHT34609

i dont really like that since i am spending 16 grand i would have liked alittle more

You got screwed! MSRP for an 06 Street Bob in Vivid Black is $13,195.
I'd be looking for a new stealer.....

Old 05-17-2006 | 11:53 AM
ccgobama
Road Warrior

Trust me, HD in Mont Alabama SUX! I know Harley is GOLD, but they will Charge you for it!

Old 05-17-2006 | 02:03 PM
05UltraClassic
Advanced

ORIGINAL: maxwellpolish

You should not pay more than a couple of hundred dollars over MSRP...if that, even!

Also shop around. Many times, dealers will boost prices based upon demographics. That is why I bought my bike in Racine, WI. versus suburban Chicago. Saved $1500-$2000 from the prices I have seen around here.
You couldn't have gotten away with that just a few short years ago, when you had to go to a specific Harley dealer based on your zip code to buy one.

Like a couple of the others, I got a $21,700 t-shirt and they threw im my '05 Ultra for the heck of it.

Old 05-19-2006 | 07:30 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I live in NM, and the dealer here is the same way. A buddy just traded his 03 sporty for a springer and paid 21k. Way over priced.Tried to talk him out of it, but his mind was made up. I bought a 05 rk custom from a place in Tx and got it blue book with 735mi... I suggest if you are not comfortable, don't do it, look around, find the right bike at the right price for you.

Old 05-19-2006 | 10:31 AM
T Tommyt
Road Warrior

Ok here it is I didn't want to post someones url with them not being a paid sponce. so it may be deleated
ANYway there Prices are out the door

http://www.fletchersh-d.com/

Old 05-19-2006 | 10:36 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

It may not be popular, but I LIKE the way the MoCo does business.
Don't you guys realize that dealers sticking to MSRP will insure your resale value consistancy?
I've got NO problem paying MSRP as long as the market for new Harleys remains consistant. Once dealers cave into discounting bikes as if they were metrics, then you can say bye-bye to Harley resale values, and the general worth and prestige of your Harley.
You might as well buy a Kawasaki...
My dealer gave me the first $500.00 in accessories, and an additional 15% off for 6 months. I paid MSRP and $400.00 FRT & set up, which included the cost of my first service.
I'm happy with that...

Quick Reply: dealer wont move on new bike prices