Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Spastik
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused!!

Here is my dilema. After scootin around on the Ducati for so long, I got used to a full face so much that I don't feel safe with a half for more than puttin around my town and to the mall etc. I do have the coolest half ever (OSBE Tornado) but I do want to get a nice helmet for long rides and the highway.

I found this helmet that is supposed to be the quietest helmet out there and the internal shade is something I really like. The only downside I have read about em is the price, which I don't mind payin a lot for a helmet (even though my head is nothing great its all I got). It was easy for a race bike, get the one that will keep my mellon in tact at a 180mph crash and stops buffeting and lifting. Cruising helmets are harder.

You guys have any other suggestions? I know I'll probably catch **** for havin a full face on a Harley, but oh well! I catch hell from my MMA training buddies for playin Warcraft too, but they quiet down when I choke em out

Last edited by Spastik; 05-30-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks awesome. I couldn't part with anything over 200$ even if it is the only noggin I have (i'm that cheap) But I did recently buy an hjc "IS16" also with internal shade which is supposed to be pretty quiet and of good quality materials. I tried them on at a local place who wanted 250,and found it at amazon.com for 170 It is in the mail! And don't let anyone bug you about image! Imagine how they will look when some cell-phone addicted peach fuzzy cager sends them into a ditch at 60 mph in that little beanie helmet. I wear my half helmet lots though and I'm affraid when I finally get my full may become endeared to it....we shall see huh?

Last edited by maddghost; 05-30-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw a patched HA wearing a full-face at the Rock Store (local hangout), so I think you should be able to get away with it. I don't care for them, but I think you'd be happy with any good modular.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Desert Hog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try www.helmetharbor.com . Thats were I bought a bunch of my mellon protectors from. Great prices and service from them.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:03 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wore a full coverage in my earlier years on my JAPANESE BIKE, but for HARLEY ITS GOTTA BE HALF HELMUT!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 05:08 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

this is a proper HARLEY helmet

Get with the friggin program!

Attached Thumbnails Confused!!-viking-helmet.jpg  
Old 05-30-2009, 05:11 PM
MNROD
Road Captain

I wear a full face as well.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:02 PM
roewarrior
Cruiser

I've worn a FF from day one (1974) I ain't changin' now. Nice helmet BTW, but too rich for my blood.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I wear a fullface. Tried a bunch of half and three quarters, but the fullface just feels better. I may get something else for hot weather. Wear what you feel comfortable with. Its your head and your comfort, not anybody elses'.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
desertglide
Advanced

I have had half helmets for years. Just bought a full face HJC. Took some gettin used to but I like the wind protection on the long fast rides. I'll still use my ACC half around town when it gets back from repair.

Quick Reply: Confused!!