General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My FF is a Shoei X-Eleven. It's $460 shipped to you from helmetharbor.com and is a great helmet. It's lightweight, the ventilation is excellent and it's comfortable. It has removable liner parts so you can wash them, etc.

When I'm wearing this helmet I can feel the breeze over the top of my scalp if that gives you an idea of the ventilation. I read up on it and it got outstanding reviews from the "experts" in all catagories.

Good luck with your search...

Old 05-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Wear what you want to your comfort level. I was at a local bike rally yesterday, parked with all the HD riders...and the only one wearing a helmet. No one said anything, or appeared to care about it enough to say something. I wear a Shoei FF about 100% of the time.

Whiskers,

Even with that MUSTACHE?????

Old 05-31-2009, 02:14 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by HD7585
Full face is always the smarter choice, Don't let anyones opinion stop you
That's your opinion.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:12 PM
oldbagr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear a 3/4 HD with face shield when around town and an Arai Profile full face helmet when on longer rides or if most of my travel is going to be on highways. The Aria vents better than the 3/4. Don't ask anyone's permission and don't care what "others" may think.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:15 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too, was sold on the S1 Schuberth, and tried to order one. A friend of mine who works for a dealer, talked me out of it. He said that while they are great helmets, they are having importer problems. Spare shields, parts, liners etc. will become very hard to procure. Also this brand of helmet is made for a very rounded head shape.
I decided to go with the Shoei X-11 and couldn't be happier. It has the best venting of any helmet I've tried. And besides, I get to look like a Power Ranger!

Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Unless someone wants to volunteer to slide their face along the asphalt in place of mine should the situation ever arise, I don't give a rats *** what they think about what type of helmet I wear.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer
Old 06-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Spastik
Intermediate

Originally Posted by doublenaughtspy

I hope they carry the pro version of it soon! They are discontinuing the normal S1 because it has a loud whistle fromt he vents and the internal shade slider is redesigned to be out of the wind as well.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Silvertip
Cruiser

After way toooo many years of sun beating the hell out of my skin, an ugly nose from the chunks they've had to cut out of it, in addition to the assorted other steaks & roasts they've cut out of me elsewhere on the body due to skin cancer, I have to wear a FF now or I don't ride. I hate that thing but it keeps me riding.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM
woods
Cruiser

When I first started riding street bikes, My first helmet was an open face helmet. At the time the bike was my only means of transportation so weather didn't stop me from riding.
First experience with 40 degree weather and rain was a real eye opener!
I have worn full face helmets since.
My current helmet of choice is the Aria Quantum II. This is the second one I have been through. I keep trying other styles out and this one fits my head best.

Quick Reply: Confused!!