Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:38 PM
trslim
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't wear a helmet unless it's cold and then go full face. This is definitely a to each his own thing.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Grizzwolf
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear a full face: Scorpion EXO 1000. It also has the drop down sun visor. I like it a lot. DOT and Snell approved.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:00 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,334 Likes on 2,526 Posts

you're the one that has to live with the decision. if you like a ff, wear a ff. won't get no guff from me. the only thing i didn't like about that helmet is those weird things on the top. kinda alien looking. but like i said.....

as far as patch wearers go, they are not wearing ff for the safety factor, but rather to hide their identity.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:19 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch

as far as patch wearers go, they are not wearing ff for the safety factor, but rather to hide their identity.
Does that mean they wear it when they are not riding? Like in a bar?

Old 05-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spastik
Here is my dilema. After scootin around on the Ducati for so long, I got used to a full face so much that I don't feel safe with a half for more than puttin around my town and to the mall etc. I do have the coolest half ever (OSBE Tornado) but I do want to get a nice helmet for long rides and the highway.

I found this helmet that is supposed to be the quietest helmet out there and the internal shade is something I really like. The only downside I have read about em is the price, which I don't mind payin a lot for a helmet (even though my head is nothing great its all I got). It was easy for a race bike, get the one that will keep my mellon in tact at a 180mph crash and stops buffeting and lifting. Cruising helmets are harder.

You guys have any other suggestions? I know I'll probably catch **** for havin a full face on a Harley, but oh well! I catch hell from my MMA training buddies for playin Warcraft too, but they quiet down when I choke em out
You have got to be putting me on. I wear the same Scorpion helmets on my Ducati as I do my Fat Bob or Dorsoduro or KTM Adventure or TW200. Usually a black one on the Fat Bob or maybe a Red/Black or black/white one. I wear what I want to wear for ME, I could give a hoot in hell for what fellow riders wear, whatever type bike they be riding and I sure as heck could care even less what they think about my lid and duds.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:25 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Does that mean they wear it when they are not riding? Like in a bar?
Yeah gotta LOVE IT, the BOYS wearing there helmuts 24-7!!!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:02 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Been wearing a full face since the 70's. The choice is yours not ours!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:08 AM
meatball64
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno if this is true or not but I'll pass it on. I was was told by a motorcycle officer people that wear full face helmets have a greater chance of breaking there neck when they go down.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:23 AM
nigelgeast
Road Captain

I have 5 helmets for different occasions ranging from a skull cap to full face, depending on the ride, and who with I decide which helmet I will use, I see a lot more guys using full face on long rides than I ever did before, each to their own,

Old 05-31-2009, 06:05 AM
fmudge
Cruiser

Schuberth is a great helmet, but last I checked was not DOT certified in the US. As far as helmets go, it's your head wear what you want. I have both a full face and a half helmet most of the time I wear my ff especially good for getting caught in the rain or cold weather and for longer rides. Half helmet is good for around town and quick rides. Safety is the one area I never get cheap on, so do what you want to and don't worry about anyone else.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Confused!!