General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals? Do or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:17 AM
VROCK SE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals? Do or Not?

Ok people, Whats the scoop on true Duals? Are they worth doing? I have read here that the bike is difficult to tune and that you loose HP. is the sound that much better for the aggravation? For those of you with True Duals, Would you do it again? And what are the problems associated with them? Will it void my HD Warranty?
Thank you
VROCK SE

Old 05-14-2006, 11:56 AM
71tradewind
Tourer
Default RE: True Duals? Do or Not?

Besides looking cool and sounding cool ....there are no apparent advantage to having them.They do in fact decrease HP but to some the looks and sound out weight the importance of performance.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:57 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HP loss [sm=bs.gif]. Great looks, sound and performance if you get the right pipes and have your bike tuned by a pro.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:05 PM
vegashd
Banned

Installed pipes with no A/C and no tune. Ran great not even decel popping. Although I oculd tell it was a little lean.

Installed A/C and PCIII and got her dynoed and it ran GREAT, Took only 40 minutes on the dyno to get her tuned perfectly. Could not ask for anything better.

SOUND- The sound is AWESOME everyone loves my pipes, they rave about them...

HP loss? Well I have my graph and would love to see where someone had a more smooth, more HP(that you will EVER notice) dyno run with an A/C and pipes. you will NEVER notice 2 hp down low like that. I bet the difference is in the tenths of a hp

Old 05-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I love mine and did not have any power loss at all. Me and Mikeisglidn were a couple of the first ones on the forum to run Rineharts and we still have the same ones with no problems. Both bikes run great.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:44 AM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed the Rineharts on my RK. I haven't noticed any loss in anything. Nice balanced sound from both sides of the bike and the acceleration is awesome (and loud). You won't be sorry.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:55 AM
fastgirl
1st Gear

I put Rinehart True Duals on my '06 Road King. The bike runs great. Your warranty is not voided by putting those pipes on. As a matter of fact the local dealer put them on for me when I bought the bike. You do need the race ECM if your bike is fuel injected. This is the second bike I've put the Rineharts on. First one was a 2002 LowRider.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Tru Duals,DO, I have them and love the look and also the sound, and the tq is awesome, bike runs great, but to tell you the truth if I had to do it all over again, well , I would.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tn.Heritage

Tru Duals,DO, I have them and love the look and also the sound, and the tq is awesome, bike runs great, but to tell you the truth if I had to do it all over again, well , I would.
I agree, but the BIG benefit to true dual headers is the alleviation of the heat on the right leg. I have the Vance and Hines and they fit well. Another brand has more of a "square" radius, and I've heard some guys complain thet their passenger's leg gets a little hot.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:32 PM
71tradewind
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

HP loss [sm=bs.gif]. Great looks, sound and performance if you get the right pipes and have your bike tuned by a pro.
There are many varibles to consider but in most cases 2into1's produce better numbers than true duals on a mostly stock bike.As I have stated in other posts let the numbers speak for themselves anything else is all BS.

Quick Reply: True Duals? Do or Not?