General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sometimes you eat the bear sometimes the bear eats you

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 PM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sometimes you eat the bear sometimes the bear eats you

went to a motorcycle event to play and this time i didn't make a red cent
oh well i got some cash towards the bike last night

and that was in front of a regular nightclub not really a biker joint although there was a few harlies in the parking lot it was mostly just regular folks, and they were throwing money at me

this event was nothing but bikers and mostly harley riders at that and they more or less just ignored me,
a lot different from the crowd on hot bike night at salsa club last week, when i made dang near two hundred bucks, my goal is to make enough money hustling until i get a job to pay this thing off by the end of the year and get that out from over my head it sucks from going from 60 grand a year to nothing i'll tell you that, but i grew up in a poor household

it wasn't uncommon for us to run out of food and money a week before the month was over
and the dinners consisted of mayonnaise sandwich's ...yum, but anyway

i know i shouldn't get annoyed but hell i'd like to see one of these enthusiasts pick up a six string and play cold in front of a couple of hundred of their contemporaries
and i think i saw some toughs wearing those temporary tattoos
oh well tomorrows ...another day,another dollar, after i sang and hollered, oh its my way of livin' and i can't change a thing.....

that last phrase is a song reference lets see who can tell me name and artist first

freebyrd

Old 05-30-2009, 04:37 AM
sks5
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so hot....

Now save up to 40%- 70% plus free shipping from here
Online Wholesale **** Air ******,Adidas, Dunk SB,Puma,Ugg Boot. New Louis Vuitton Handbags, New Ed-Handy Handbags and Cap.

[IMG]http://www.top-****.com/images/handbags/polo/041.jpg[/IMG

Old 05-30-2009, 06:34 AM
wiredwilly
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blackfoot - Highway song

seen them just recently at bike week New Orleans

Old 05-30-2009, 08:32 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

fckin trolls and spammers...

Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Dam, this thread is confusing. First a guy who can't spell Harley (Harlie) complaining about Harley riders not giving him any money, then a guy who is advertising for jogging shoes and handbags. I must be missing something here.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:57 PM
freebyrd
Road Master

Blackfoot - Highway song
we have a winner

Dam, this thread is confusing. First a guy who can't spell Harley (Harlie) complaining about Harley riders not giving him any money,
sorry dude i believe in keeping my commitments i bought it and i'm doing whatever i can while i'm in this tight spot to keep it,
you must be the kind of dude that laughs while telling a homeless mentally ill ex veteran who asks for spare change to just get a job

different strokes for different folks i guess
i hope your never in a spot where your in danger of losing something you cherish
freebyrd
ps i don't know what the shoe adds doing on here either

Old 05-30-2009, 04:25 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry you didn't make any money Freebyrd. I'm sure all musicians that perform in bars and such have bad money nights. I know atleast around here the Harley crowd is usually as generous or more, when it comes to tipping a band, as most crowds. I know it must take a lot of guts to perform live infront of a bar full of strangers. Hope your next gig brings you in more money.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:30 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by freebyrd
we have a winner

sorry dude i believe in keeping my commitments i bought it and i'm doing whatever i can while i'm in this tight spot to keep it,
you must be the kind of dude that laughs while telling a homeless mentally ill ex veteran who asks for spare change to just get a job

different strokes for different folks i guess
i hope your never in a spot where your in danger of losing something you cherish
freebyrd
ps i don't know what the shoe adds doing on here either

In your first post, you call it "hustling". That brings up bad images and will get it's fair share or comments alone.

I don't think there's a person on this forum that hasn't had it rough once or twice in their lives. I know I've been there and done that. But instead of keeping a toy, I sold it to pay it off, and used the money I was able to make to get myself set back up and on my feet again. Almost there. And when I finally arrive at that point, I'll buy another Harley. But "hustling" someone to make payments on a toy never entered my mind. And I don't think I'd be badmouthing my audience either. Just in case some of them were actually on this forum and remember you. They may spread the word about your "hustle".

To each his own.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:16 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
In your first post, you call it "hustling". That brings up bad images and will get it's fair share or comments alone.

I don't think there's a person on this forum that hasn't had it rough once or twice in their lives. I know I've been there and done that. But instead of keeping a toy, I sold it to pay it off, and used the money I was able to make to get myself set back up and on my feet again. Almost there. And when I finally arrive at that point, I'll buy another Harley. But "hustling" someone to make payments on a toy never entered my mind. And I don't think I'd be badmouthing my audience either. Just in case some of them were actually on this forum and remember you. They may spread the word about your "hustle".

To each his own.
+1 However, I don't think the OP was using 'hustle' not as in underhanded but to describe gigging or working. But I totally agree about priorities when it comes to toys. My first motorcycle was a 2000 Honda Shadow Sabre that I just loved. About 3 years after owning it I lost my job. The first thing I did when I got home was put the bike on eBay and Criagslist - sold it in one day but it got me out from underneath the payment.

"Keeping a commitment" is making the payments -- it's business, not personal. Hopefully things will get better for you -- I know I probably wouldn't have my Harley today had I not made the decision to sell the Sabre back then. But in those situations, "Toys go first"

Last edited by E.Richardson; 05-30-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:15 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You gota love the holier than thou attitudes. Hang in there Freebyrd hope you make it.

Quick Reply: sometimes you eat the bear sometimes the bear eats you