General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sometimes you eat the bear sometimes the bear eats you

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:33 AM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gotta love the holier than thou attitudes. Hang in there Freebyrd hope you make it.
Today 12:16 AM
thanks maybe they misunderstood hustling, i'm not doing three card monty on the street corner to seperate people from their money in an underhanded fashion
they're free to help or not

me being an ex gigging musician for ten years i always give street musicians money, cause i know how hard it is,

"Toys go first"
toys .....? yeah right, i'm a year round rider i have ridden in the fog the rain the wind the cold , the blazing heat of summer you name it it is a primary source of transportation for me, if you go out and toy with it on the weekends, ok good for you

if it is your source of getting from A to B FROM JANUARRY to DECEMBER, forgive me for making assumptions

anyway i played on the sidewalk outside a popular bar last night here in town and the owner invited me to do a solo set on stage inside so i made a few bucks
and got a lot of drink offers but i only drink soda's these days

but i will stop giving updates to the board over this, i thought folks would be more encouraging and some are and i thank them for that

but i never expected fellow riders to criticize me for trying to keep what i committed too if those who are of that group ...well i'm glad you were able to plunk down every penny when you bought your bike and walked out with the title that day,

i had to finance though i did make a large down payment of 5 g's but that don't buy you a new dyna
i don't care what kind of fast talker you are

anyways i'm through with this subject for now, we'll just talk oil changes primary's transmissions exhaust pipes and which are the best etc....

but in the future since i been on the net for a long time i always followed the rule of if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all
freebyrd

Old 05-31-2009, 11:34 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck to you Freebird. I think your OP kinda inferred that Harley folks weren't as good at tipping as (regular) folks. In my 50+ years of riding I have found in my own trip thru life that just the opposite is true. But you might have had a bad crowd. or they might not have liked what you were playing???? Hope you do well.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Mopardik
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck to ya, man!

Old 05-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Crossbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hang in there freebyrd, good things come to those who wait...

Old 05-31-2009, 05:08 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer

Originally Posted by freebyrd
...toys .....? yeah right, i'm a year round rider i have ridden in the fog the rain the wind the cold , the blazing heat of summer you name it it is a primary source of transportation for me, if you go out and toy with it on the weekends, ok good for you

if it is your source of getting from A to B FROM JANUARRY to DECEMBER, forgive me for making assumptions." - freebyrd
Okay it's not a toy - my bad - I thought you had a cage as well... if this is your sole means of transportation, then I was wrong. But you have to admit... your post came off a little condescending (Harley riders don't tip - Mexican Restaurant attendees do) I truly hope you find success and if you're working for extra money to keep your only means of transportation then that's admirable. Maybe I shouldn't have spoken out of context but my bike is my toy -- it's the icing on my cake and I effed up and 'assumed' it was yours. Best of luck.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:49 PM
freebyrd
Road Master

Okay it's not a toy - my bad - I thought you had a cage as well... if this is your sole means of transportation, then I was wrong. But you have to admit... your post came off a little condescending (Harley riders don't tip - Mexican Restaurant attendees do) I truly hope you find success and if you're working for extra money to keep your only means of transportation then that's admirable. Maybe I shouldn't have spoken out of context but my bike is my toy -- it's the icing on my cake and I effed up and 'assumed' it was yours. Best of luck.

in my original post i guess i was a little grumpy because it was hot as hell out and i was sweating like crazy and it was humid to boot and that plays hell on your guitar tuning,

anyhow i do have access to a cage but its my wifes and she's got her on things to do, so the bike is most times my only source of transportation
but i don't mind.
last night was a little better i went singing out at crossroads a blues/rock bar in fresno and the owner came out and listened for a minute and had me come in and play on stage for a while,
so anyway whatever happens happens but i'm not going down without a fight
freebyrd

Old 06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
K00LJerk
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Economy is tough for a lot right now if its important you'll make it

Old 06-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Xuallus
Road Master

Freebyrd: I think if you replace "hustling" with "busking" you'd get a more positive response... Hustling is kinda shady, whereas busking is just playing for tips.

Good luck to you, it may not be the easiest way to make cash, but at least you get to do something you love for a living