General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Jersey Pisses Me Off!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxer 6
Only if you take Corzine the clown with you! LOL!! All kidding aside, Just sent an e-mail to Corzine stating my displeasure with this action.
Corzine takes it in the *** just like all the others from the other 49 States F ing A holes. Getting Sick and tired of this BS. MFers. Sorry for the rant.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Ironbarr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Born/raised in Hudson County - left in 1949, joined U.S.Navy, did 20, retired in Virginia. So far, it's the best thing I ever did. For me NJ was a nice place to live through the '40's; it's since been overrun by some evil socio-political virus. Example: At 15 I bought at a gun shop a new 12 gage ($16.00), box of shells, hunt license and took the bus home... try that today.

I am much pleased with VA - yes there are fees, taxes, etc. - yet not extraordinary. I like the freedom Virginians have over several nearby states... though there's always pressure from the wingnuts to close/ban things. So far they aren't making much headway. VA is SHALL-ISSUE, $50/5yrs. it is also open carry for those interested in that.

For a rundown of DMV facts start here: https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/moving/newva.asp

For a rundown on other things: http://www.vcdl.org

And, Virginia Beach is a neat place to visit.

Toot as you ride by.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:12 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stop complaining.. cost 580 for cruisers and 1300.00 for sport bikes here and going up again next year....

Old 05-29-2009, 09:31 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could feel sorry for you. Paid $200+ this year for annual registration. 'Course, we don't have toll roads and ride year 'round. Guess it's a wash.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:37 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironbarr
Born/raised in Hudson County - left in 1949, joined U.S.Navy, did 20, retired in Virginia. So far, it's the best thing I ever did. For me NJ was a nice place to live through the '40's; it's since been overrun by some evil socio-political virus. Example: At 15 I bought at a gun shop a new 12 gage ($16.00), box of shells, hunt license and took the bus home... try that today.

I am much pleased with VA - yes there are fees, taxes, etc. - yet not extraordinary. I like the freedom Virginians have over several nearby states... though there's always pressure from the wingnuts to close/ban things. So far they aren't making much headway. VA is SHALL-ISSUE, $50/5yrs. it is also open carry for those interested in that.

For a rundown of DMV facts start here: https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/moving/newva.asp

For a rundown on other things: http://www.vcdl.org

And, Virginia Beach is a neat place to visit.

Toot as you ride by.
yeah, but you get to pay property tax on all your vehicles each year. kinda like buying a used car from the state every year.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Ironbarr
Tourer

It helps me to think of it as an "all roads" use fee. Tends to pay for some pot holes.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:02 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that cozjerk is taxing business so much it's only going to be parks & condo's

Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,255 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by AJinVA
Whoever thought it was the Garden State anyhow? Seems along with penalizing the "green" people, they managed to kill the garden with a lack of a green thumb.
Don't live there but go through it allot in my work (truck driver). When they decided to call it the Garden State I think they were thinking of a garden of "Skunk Cabbage".

Old 05-29-2009, 10:22 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Don't mean to get too political but it kills me when any government agency wants more money they just raise taxes, fee and anything else they can. Don't you wish all of us could just give ourselves more money when we needed it and not have to cut back. yeah yeah, cut backs are such BS. The only thing they ever cut back on is service to the PEOPLE.

I live in a county made up of a lot of small towns. I hate to say it but the people of this county have the lowest incomes of any other county in Oregon. But EVERY government building is brand new of newly renovated. All the vehicles are newer and equipment looks like it's never been used. They have been able to do this for years and years, all without sales tax and inexpensive fees for public services.

Well now we are being led to beleive they have no money (maybe they shoud learn to save for a rainy day like the rest of us have to do) so they keep trying to raise the gasoline tax and they ARE raising the vehicle registration fees from $32 a year (not sure if that's the exact amount but it's very close) to $88 a year starting Jan 2010.

Sorry I got off on this tangent but I am so sick of government and it sure doesn't seem to be getting any better for the people! Even gas has went up 30 cents a gallon in the past 2 weeks. And yeah they think we are too stupid to pump our own gas here too. Fricken idiots!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 PM
MattV
Cruiser

Lonegan is the only candidate who will do what needs to be done...Cut F-ing spending. He did it when he was mayor in Bogata

Yet he won't win.....You know why? No one votes, except for the special interest folks, the unions, teachers, etc...Those who benefit from State spending

Bitch and moan endlessly, but don't educated yourself, don't follow politics and most definitely, don't vote

And the beat goes on

The last 5 Gubners promised to lower property taxes, yet they went up every time

"People get the government they deserve"