General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Candy ear buds

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:57 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts
Default Skull Candy ear buds

I bought a set of these because of all the rave reviews I have heard from this forum. What were you guys thinking?? They have great volume and nice crisp mid and high freq response but almost no bass whatsoever. I plugged my old cheap ones back in and they sound great but don't have near the volume the Skull Candy does. Does anyone know of a set that will do both for a reasonable price? There has to be something out there.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Try these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

I have tried a few different brands, these worked best for me.

Last edited by joe.1955; 05-28-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 PM
ky_ace
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My $30 sony's work pretty well but they like to fall out when i put my helmet on. I've been thinking about getting a set of BOSE ones... we'll see how money goes this summer I too have heard great things about skull candy. They have a bunch of them at TJ Maxx in my town for $10 a set. I figure I'll pick up one set to give them a try...

Old 05-28-2009, 01:18 PM
bobernet
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Z.Buds from Zagg. The cable management is great with a helmet. It sort of loops over your head like a necklace, and has adjustable sliders that essentially separate the cord into two logical chunks. The section between player and your neck, and the section between your neck and the ears. Have to see it to understand what I mean.

http://www.zagg.com/audio/zbudDiagram.php

Old 05-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Love my JVC Marshmallows, under $20 and mine have 20,000 miles and still going strong. My $50 sony set is in the trash already. You can also boost the bass in your ipod equalizer.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,948 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Get a boosteroo. Google it up.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:05 PM
TexasSnake
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Felt the same way about SkullCandy after I bought 'em.

Now they sit in the junk drawer.

I wound up buying some Sennheiser earbuds from EBay, MUCH BETTER.

I don't ride and use them, though, so I can't comment on under the helmet fit.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:11 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

Pretty much all of the newer in ear stage monitors have great sound and very good bass. Shure and Sennheiser are pretty much the leaders I think. Of course they are more then $20!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:27 PM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

1of2, don't know how many versions of skull candy there are, but if you got the kind w/ the rubber/silicone pads around the speakers, did you get the right size and stick em down in your ear to block out other sound?

On the ones I bought, if you completely seal the ear cavity w/ the right silicone pads, I can't turn em up too high, and get plenty of bass, more than I ever expected out of headphones/earbuds, and I listen to a lot of bass intensive music most on the forum would make fun of, and it still sounded pretty good.

Just making sure you got the right ones and are using em right.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:34 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

My JVC earbuds work just fine plenty of bass....and inexpensive enough where as if they get messed up i can go buy another set cheap enough....expensive ear buds are just that expensive...they block out the wind noise and i wear a half helmet. perfect enough....

Originally Posted by 1of2
I bought a set of these because of all the rave reviews I have heard from this forum. What were you guys thinking?? They have great volume and nice crisp mid and high freq response but almost no bass whatsoever. I plugged my old cheap ones back in and they sound great but don't have near the volume the Skull Candy does. Does anyone know of a set that will do both for a reasonable price? There has to be something out there.

Quick Reply: Skull Candy ear buds