Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Candy ear buds

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Keith4001r
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
Love my JVC Marshmallows, under $20 and mine have 20,000 miles and still going strong. My $50 sony set is in the trash already. You can also boost the bass in your ipod equalizer.
+1 on the JVC's. I have had mine for more than a year, great sound quality.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

I bought these Koss earbuds from ebay and use them with my Full-Face Helmet. They were well worth the money.

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^eb^PLUG

Old 05-28-2009, 04:15 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't buy the Bose in- ear buds. They won't stay in your ears. They sound pretty good, but my Skull Candy buds sound way better. Everyone has different opinions on what sounds good though. I have the noise cancelling, metal buds and they definitely block out the noise.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:16 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,948 Likes on 1,932 Posts

I forgot to say I have Shure's that are great. They better be for how much they cost. Get range for bass, mid and tweets.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:32 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by karz10
1of2, don't know how many versions of skull candy there are, but if you got the kind w/ the rubber/silicone pads around the speakers, did you get the right size and stick em down in your ear to block out other sound?

On the ones I bought, if you completely seal the ear cavity w/ the right silicone pads, I can't turn em up too high, and get plenty of bass, more than I ever expected out of headphones/earbuds, and I listen to a lot of bass intensive music most on the forum would make fun of, and it still sounded pretty good.

Just making sure you got the right ones and are using em right.
Agreed. The Ink'd ones I got have plenty of bass.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rockabillygrl
Don't buy the Bose in- ear buds. They won't stay in your ears. They sound pretty good, but my Skull Candy buds sound way better. Everyone has different opinions on what sounds good though. I have the noise cancelling, metal buds and they definitely block out the noise.
DON'T BUY THE BOSE! WAIST OF MONEY! As stated they fall out and don't block out the wind noise. My sony's that I got 3-4 years ago, have sounded very good. I got a newer ipod and they get very very loud. $30

Old 05-28-2009, 07:28 PM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a pair of Shure's also, they sound good but don't stay in your ears with a half helmelt. I have the skull Candy with the rubber'silicone seal and they stay in a bit better plus the sound is pretty decent but still wiggle out after 1/2 hour or so. What I recently bought was a pair of custom molded ear protction with speakers that WILL not fall out. I havn't gotten them yet so I can't comment on them but will when I do get them.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 PM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See if you can catch this week's episode of the New American Thunder. They interviewed a company that make ear buds for bikers. Somehow, it allowed you to hear the road and music at the same time.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 PM
terrapin88
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Has anyone tried the sunglasses with the built in buds and mps player? Oakley makes a couple types from 200 bucks up to $350. I hope they work better than they look.

http://oakley.com/category/1129/?pro...0sunglasses%5d

I hate earbuds. I hate having anything jammed in my ears like that. I don't mind the wind, but I want something that allows me to hear the music without feeling like I have cigarette butts stuffed in my ears. ( which btw does work in a pinch at the gun range if you forgot your ear protection.)

Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 PM
rshute4
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a bagger!

Quick Reply: Skull Candy ear buds