General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom moulded ear protection

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default custom molded ear protection

Last week I went and got fitted for some custom molded ear protection/headphones. They claim to give 28dB of sound attenuation and lets you listen to your music at a lower volume with better sound. They were kind of pricey @ $300 Can. but I can't stand the wind noise and Love to listen to my music. I havn't got them yet and my questions are kinda late but does anyone else have these and do you like them? How about the sound quality? The ones I got are molded to your ear and have 2 monitors in them to listen to your Ipod.

Chop.

Last edited by ChopinRockwooD; 05-27-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
AK47
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where do you go about finding something like this? I need these for sure.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:36 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

They are usually at all the bike events and motorcycle shows. Just a bit too pricey for me but they look great.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Double_Trouble
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopinRockwooD
Last week I went and got fitted for some custom moulded ear protection/headphones. They claim to give 28dB of sound attenuation and lets you listen to your music at a lower volume with better sound. They were kind of pricey @ $300 Can. but I can't stand the wind noise and Love to listen to my music. I havn't got them yet and my questions are kinda late but does anyone else have these and do you like them? How about the sound quality? The ones I got are moulded to your ear and have 2 monitors in them to listen to your Ipod.

Chop.
I use the Shure (brand) ear buds. They are amazing but run about $120 USD. For me, it has been a great investment.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:26 AM
fly
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who are you getting them from???

Old 05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
bobernet
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have custom molded ear plugs that I got for trap shooting. I also use them when riding, and they are the best $60 I have ever spent. I've had the same pair for about 8 years now. Mine don't have headphones built in, so can't comment on that.

They work, they are all-day comfortable, and as you can see from my experience - they last forever if well cared for.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:16 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I got Big Ear plugs at the bike show. I think they were $70 molded & fit on the spot & I picked them up 45 minutes later. Fantastic fit, excellent protection from wind noise yet I can hear my wife telling me I'm going too fast! Wish they filtered her out too! LOL

http://www.bigearinc.com/Products/catalog.aspx

Old 05-27-2009, 02:33 PM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser

Your right Harleygoodies I saw them at the Toronto bike show and didn't think anythiong of them until I remembered how much the wind noise tired me out and gave me headaches. The company I went to was WWW.protectyourhearing.ca in Thornhill Ont, but I am sure any hearing centre can fit you up. They inject a soft resign in your ear and it molds to your ear. It takes about 2 weeks to get them back with the speakers in them but they said that sound and fit are excellent. I was getting sick and tired of my shure ear buds coming loose and falling out. They fit good when not moving and block alot of noise but most of the time they would wiggle out and that would **** me off. It takes your mind off of riding when your trying to put plugs in going 60. These ones I got will never ever come loose in the ear and only come out if you take them out. Can't wait to get them, it'll be just like Christmas in July

Old 05-27-2009, 02:37 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Lots of audiologist carry the Westone line of custom earbuds. They offer a single driver as well as dual drivers. They might even have one with three drivers, but I'm not positive on that. Their cost is in the same $300 range.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master

I've been wearing custom earplugs for years. I got mine at a gunshow, only $45.

Quick Reply: custom moulded ear protection