General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will all posers,rubs and wannabees sign in?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:45 PM
JamieCarr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will all posers,rubs and wannabees sign in?

I drink alot of beer, and I have some skull tattoos, and when I'm on my bike, I guess the way my beard is, my son says I look mean.
But, I wear a dress shirt and slacks to work,( i work 9-5), I make about 55k a year, I walk our house cat on sunday mornings with a leash in the front yard while drinkin my coffee, I love a cake with pink icing,

Can you spot me in the picture below?

Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 PM
GADave
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Seth

Can you spot me in the picture below?
I'm thinkin' maybe first on the left - The construction dude!? Or maybe the Indian. Either way, I'll bet you've worn out a scooter path to the local YMCA.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Sanford
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=groupwave.gif] Pick Me - Pick Me. I wanna be a RUB.

Sanford

Old 06-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Uhhh..... I'm not sure where I fit in. Let's see. I've been riding since I was 12 yrs old, Harleys since I was 17. Damn, I'm feeling old..... LOL! I'm not urban in any way, nor would I ever want to live in a city. I like the mountains and forests in my backyard. I work three jobs (two that I own), making a very confortable living, but still ain't rich by any means since my expenses just about match my income. Spent 20 years in the Air Force as an aircraft mechanic, so I was most certainly poor during that time. I've owned dozens of Harleys and British bikes, and built well over a hundred more. I don't own a tie, much less a suit. My daily wear is jeans and a t-shirt (flannel or sweatshirt if it's cold), sneakers, or boots if I'm riding. I always wear leathers while riding if I'm moving at over 30 mph. For those who haven't wrecked YET (you most likely will eventually), road rash hurts like hell!!!! Even when you land on someone's lawn like I did once... tore my jeans like tissue paper. I don't wear leathers to "look cool", but to save my hide and protect me from the elements. I have never taken my bike to a shop for repair or servicing, mainly since I have built most of them from the ground up. I will take some parts to a machine shop if they need repair that my equipment can't handle. Heck, a Harley is about as hard to work on as a lawnmower or John Deere tractor..... nothing to em.

So, am I a RUB.... not likely. A poser or wannabe? Not likely, either. I have lived the traditional biker lifestyle all my life, so I guess that makes me as close to a biker as is possible. Not a 1%er, but just a plain ol' biker. The kind who rides his bike whenever the roads aren't snow or ice covered. Temperature or rain doesn't matter a bit. I just dress properly for it. I'm not talking about being the Hollyweird-type of biker, either. The movies and TV have rarely protrayed bikers as they really are, except maybe the movie "Mask" (not "The Mask"). That one was fairly accurate. Anyone who believes all the crap on the idiot box or in the newspapers is about as ignorant at they come. Fact is, I don't really care what I'm considered or what other's think. As a great man once said..... "I yam what I yam!" If someone else doesn't like it.... screw em! LOL!

Finally a nice Friday! Time to ride to the mountains! Gonna steer clear of that Americade crap next week though. Too many cops and idiot kids on rice rockets endangering everyone else. Prices are outrageous, too. It's a much nicer town in the off season. I'll just cruise the mountains to the east of Lake George, far away from the crowds. Can't wait for Laconia, though! I might have to spend a night partying there after it starts! Ride safe!!

Old 06-03-2006, 08:44 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, late to the party, but I'm signing in!

Wannabe...back home riding. They keep telling me I can't bring my bike...
RUB...guess I'm trying to be, it's why I sit in this hole day after day, so I can pay for the bikes and the taxes...'course when I get back I'll be poor again...
Poser...yeah, can't really own up to this one, don't have the model good looks to be posing

Enjoy the ride.

Old 06-03-2006, 04:15 PM
stevent
Road Master

Tough call there... I've been doing this way to long to be a wannabe or a poser, not rich though I make good money, live in the suburbs so not urban, consider myself a motorcycle enthusiast not a biker so that makes me a.......

W- ell off

A -verage guy

M -otorcyclist...

so I'm a WAM........( do I have to grow that stupid stubble and hang around bathrooms now?....)