General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a Laugh with an LEO.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gunslinger14647
Hi Papadop88,

Thanks for the kind words! For the record, citations written by chippies go to the city (or county, if unincorporated) in which the cite was written. The state doesn't actually get anything, either; not even into the state's general fund. And no, we don't get "kick-backs." lol I think most cops figure out fairly quickly what's a big fish and what's a little fish.
This is actually good info to know. Question though, how is the CHP state-run, yet the state receives no money?

ok ok...so it might not go to the state directly...so it goes to the city. Point I'm trying to make is, that politicians on the city and state levels need to figure out how to best utilize our money and resources and being in the state we're in right now, it would be in each city's 'interest' to generate that extra revenue. I'm sure city and state, somewhere down the line pull money from one fund to another and vice versa to make the bottom line work.

I don't knock cops (unless they're complete d*cks), I knock dirty dumba$$ politicians who live in a bubble and not in the real world.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:35 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found most cops are cool with bikes. I was riding thru town one evening & there was a cop pretty far back behind me. I stopped in a local convience store for a soda & he pulled in. While we were in the store he told me "I thought you were under the influence the way you were weaving. When I saw it was you I realized you were just a local who knew where the potholes are."