General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a Laugh with an LEO.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Eyes of Texas
"*********" like me aren't the ones who are gonna get the laws changed so that you can't soup up your bike anymore.
So,what good would become of Poorguy getting a ticket?..

Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 AM
redling36
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in South Carolina you can run the light on a bike if it does not change. It's the law.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:51 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Too bad you didn't get a ticket for rattling his teeth.

Hey, I see by your signature that you're one of those.

Have any scientific evidence to support your position, or are you just spouting off BS that you actually know nothing about?

Old 05-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Lets see here.....hmmmmm...a guy who's having a good day (Poorguy) comes on the forum to share a cool story with us....maybe he brings a smile....and someone else (Eyes), who it appears has never had a good day in his life comes on the same forum and takes a **** on the story-teller.

Thanks, Poorguy for a feel-good story.....

Eyes...if you were kidding it didn't come across very well. If not, I hope you can find happiness somewhere else this weekend. Otherwise, it must suck to be you.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:10 AM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain

Here in Washington, a law was passed about 2 years ago that says if a motorcycle doesn`t trip the light, the motorcycle can run the light providing you have set through 2 cycles of the light without it tripping, and then proceed with caution. I was stopped by a LEO for doing just that. I explained to him why I had blown the light. He said I was correct but most people weren`t aware of the law. I went on my merry way...

Old 05-23-2009, 09:23 AM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*******

Bill

Old 05-23-2009, 09:35 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Lots of good ones out there. I was bobtailing on the freeway in MS. yesterday morning in the right lane doing about 8 over the speed limit when a car on the shoulder ahead of me started to pull back onto the freeway. It was obvious that he wasn't going to be going fast enough to stay ahead of me and I either had to change lanes or hit the brakes. I looked in my mirror and saw a car right next to my rear wheels so I started to back out of it and about that time the car slowed way down and flashed it's headlights to tell me I could move over. After jumping over to the inside lane I flashed my four ways to say thanks and after passing the merging car I moved back into the right lane.

The car that had let me in then sped up and passed me and as he did I saw it was a MS. State Police car with no roof lights. Just the emblems on the doors and trunk. As he passed he activated his emergency lights in the rear window telling me "you are welcome" and then he took off like a bat out of hell. about 2 more miles up the road I saw he had pulled over a cage that blew by me just moments before this whole lil encounter started.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Poorguy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
Lots of good ones out there. I was bobtailing on the freeway in MS. yesterday morning in the right lane doing about 8 over the speed limit when a car on the shoulder ahead of me started to pull back onto the freeway. It was obvious that he wasn't going to be going fast enough to stay ahead of me and I either had to change lanes or hit the brakes. I looked in my mirror and saw a car right next to my rear wheels so I started to back out of it and about that time the car slowed way down and flashed it's headlights to tell me I could move over. After jumping over to the inside lane I flashed my four ways to say thanks and after passing the merging car I moved back into the right lane.

The car that had let me in then sped up and passed me and as he did I saw it was a MS. State Police car with no roof lights. Just the emblems on the doors and trunk. As he passed he activated his emergency lights in the rear window telling me "you are welcome" and then he took off like a bat out of hell. about 2 more miles up the road I saw he had pulled over a cage that blew by me just moments before this whole lil encounter started.
Another cool story. As long as they (LEO) don't take their jobs TOO serious and remember it's just a job, some can be cool. Many however, especially young ones, well.

Oh and I'm ignoring the troll!

Old 05-23-2009, 12:54 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You just made another troll statement. Instead of eyes of Texas it should be troll of Texas.What does a Texas troll ride?

Old 05-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Eyes of Texas
Banned

Originally Posted by oldairboater
You just made another troll statement. Instead of eyes of Texas it should be troll of Texas.What does a Texas troll ride?
an '05 Hayabusa with ported polished heads, 1397cc kit, deep dish pistons on drag radials with a Brock's sidewinder. I'm out at HRP in Baytown running the 1/4 just about every weekend when I'm not in the Hill Country, the Natl. Forest or at MSRH raceway. Look for me.

My bike's loud because it has to be. The power it makes calls for it.

Quick Reply: Had a Laugh with an LEO.