Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Exhaust Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:32 PM
KSC02
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zero Tolerance Montreal

Recently relocating back to Montreal, I completed importing my '05 H-D Fatboy. Knowing my V-H Shortstacks would never be accepted by the RIV inspectors I borrowed stock pipes from my local dealer and then swapped the V-H's back when the importation was completed. Passed several police with no issue, however I've now been nailed twice in 3 weeks ($154CND ticket with no demerit points), with the latest being a cop, on my street, that clearly hates bikes (he also clearly disagreed with my respectful interpretation of the present law as a 'noise tolerance tax' as they don't require you change the 'illegal' item, there are no demerit points, you just pay at an officer's discretion of giving you a ticket). He decided to ticket me for my helmut ($101CND) as well because, though it had DOT sticker and labeling he didn't like that a manufactorer's name (Advanced Carbon Composits in Fla.) and date weren't on the helmut and thus declared it illegal (I may contest this one).

So, I've ordered by stock pipes from the dealer and am changing. I'm over it. I'll keep my V-H's stored for maybe some day in the future if not around here. However they are, admittedly, really loud for the city. The db's just seem to intensify with the buildings close by and I'm over having to keep my eyes constantly scanning for cops all the time, trying to avoid them. Now I can get back to relaxing and enjoying the ride. For those in Montreal, be warned. Pipes and helmuts are getting ALOT of attention!

Old 06-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

KSC - holy ball-sack does that suck.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 PM
THEFATONE
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eyes of texas
hopefully they all do.
these hairy nuttz inya mouth !!