Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Exhaust Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 08:50 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyes of Texas
Hopefully they all do.
Originally Posted by Millinocket Harley
Loud pipes saves lives! Just have to know when not to hammer on 'em.
Well this is a first in less than two pages this thread brought both trolls out. Congrads.

But it is a shame because this is a relevant question if that is all that is answered.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Millinocket Harley
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

My post was in reference to the one that says "I hope they all do"

I did not post anything to be a troll, I believe in what I said, it is my opinion. If you don't like it, good for you.

Keep it between the ditches!!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 PM
frankjake
Road Master

This may be of some interest.
http://www.american-hearing.org/nihlcharts.html

Old 05-25-2009, 01:33 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On my Sporty I had cycle shack straights with no baffles and I never got hassled anywhere I went.
I think it is all a matter of how you ride it, I try to keep quiet when around buildings.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

My brother has had 3 tickets. 1 of the 3 he was being an asshat - he deserved it. But all 3 were in WI and 3 different jurisdictions. His latest ticket was on I-39 riding solo. LEO pulled him over because he heard him coming. $164 bucks and a ticket that says inadequate muffler. His stock system is back on. The culpret? Samson exhaust. He lost a baffle on the road and removed the other one, so it was basically just pipes.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Illinois has not limits on the sound level, they probably figure it's already always loud here around the city what difference does a loud motorcycle matter.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM
K00LJerk
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe in freedom of choice but it reminds of the spikey haired kid with piercings wondering why everyone stares at him and is pissed off

Old 05-26-2009, 11:39 AM
lanceropolis
Tourer

I get why some want a noise ban on bikes. I have bassanni's on mine, and they are LOUD, but I know when not to rake em. Some people though have no tact, and at 3 in the morning are driving through residentials just revving their engines. I don't understand that. I also found myself getting a little pissed at this one dude, who was riding down mainstreet on his custom chopper revving it every three feet. And by revving it, I mean probably redlining it every chance he got. It was stupid.

That being said, I think there are much bigger fish to fry than loud pipes. Stupid stupid stupid. Waste of taxpayers money. How about things like actual crime, and other things LEO should be stopping. Speaking of LEO...

I have nothing against them. They are just doing their job. Although at times, it is pretty frustrating when it is me they are doing their job with. lol

Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,765 Likes on 1,151 Posts

Originally Posted by K00LJerk
I believe in freedom of choice but it reminds of the spikey haired kid with piercings wondering why everyone stares at him and is pissed off
Trust me, he was P/O'd LONG before he got the hair and piercings....

Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
My brother has had 3 tickets. 1 of the 3 he was being an asshat - he deserved it. But all 3 were in WI and 3 different jurisdictions. His latest ticket was on I-39 riding solo. LEO pulled him over because he heard him coming. $164 bucks and a ticket that says inadequate muffler. His stock system is back on. The culpret? Samson exhaust. He lost a baffle on the road and removed the other one, so it was basically just pipes.
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I also don't think we should paint Wisconsin as being a haven for loud pipe enforcement. Been living and riding in Wis. all my life and I never even heard of anyone getting a loud exhaust ticket.

Quick Reply: Loud Exhaust Tickets