General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bar end Weights

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:50 AM
BlackFLHR
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Coastie
Will these work with the "New" fly by wire throttles on the 09 baggers? Is there any difficulties installing ISO grips on these new bikes?

I don't know if the weights will work with the 09 TBW bikes, but I do know from personal experience that the Kury ISO Grips install perfectly on the TBW bikes.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

I think it depends on the bike you ride with the bar end weights. If you have a 88 or 96B balanced motor I don't see them making any difference. Of course if you have an A model motor they might. Personally, I never have a problem with the "Vibration" of my bars.

The ISO grips really soak up a lot of the vibes too. The wife has them on her sporty, and they are comfy.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:27 PM
dmftoy1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! I had ISO's on my last bike and I miss them. I don't really feel the vibes all that bad on my Dyna but I like the "bigger" grip on the ISO's . .just seems to fit my hands better.

Have a good one,
Dave

Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the ISO helmet lock on my right grip. It's OK as a helmet lock. Kinda pathetic as a "bar end weight" -- it just doesn't weigh anything to speak of. The ISO Grips are nice, comfy grips but not really anything more than that.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dmftoy1
Thanks guys! I had ISO's on my last bike and I miss them. I don't really feel the vibes all that bad on my Dyna but I like the "bigger" grip on the ISO's . .just seems to fit my hands better.
So you're saying you have big hands? Oh, I bet you say that to all the girls

Old 05-23-2009, 03:35 AM
dmftoy1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's just say that I have to wear my riding gloves all the time or the skin on my knuckles gets worn off from dragging on the ground when I walk.

(oh yeah . .and I never need sunglasses because my forehead provides plenty of shade)

Old 05-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by dmftoy1
let's just say that i have to wear my riding gloves all the time or the skin on my knuckles gets worn off from dragging on the ground when i walk.

(oh yeah . .and i never need sunglasses because my forehead provides plenty of shade)
lmao!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,565 Likes on 672 Posts

I'm currently installling Kury ISO grips, and before I put the grips on I'm adding a role of nickels into each bar-end. I made a wooden plug out of dowling and put that in first. This is just in case the nickels break free; I dont want them down in the bottom of the bar. I used my bench grinder to get the dowling to the correct size to fit snugly. Then I wrapped a layer of packaging tape around each role of nickels to insure the paper role doesn't ever break. I tapped in the plug to the correct depth then installed the nickels which fit in very snuggly; perfect fit.

I've always heard this trick works and since I've got the grips off, it cant hurt to invest the $4.00. I'm getting numb hands with the stock grips, so the nickels + the ISO grips should help solve this problem.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never did weights on Harleys but back in the day we did on dirt bikes. Also filled the bars up with lead shot. It did help.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Pix
Road Master
Received 282 Likes on 147 Posts

On our MX bikes we use to fill the bars with expanding foam.

Quick Reply: Bar end Weights