General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cager swerves at me this morning!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 PM
mccalljv
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought to play devil's advocate, but what if you had not flipped him the bird back? Then he might not have tried to run you off the road...

Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

+100 with what joe said!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRK5892
you guys can say what you want... i am the guy that will get off and pull his *** out of his truck at the light... no joke, that is not funny you mess with my life i am going to try everything i can to put you as close to the edge of yours... it may be childish or whatever... but have have done it... i also carry a Kubaton on my bike... so when that window is up i can pop right through it... had someone do that to my girl 2 years ago.... beat his *** in the middle of an intersection while 3 buddies held traffic... then took his car keys out of the ignition and left. I am always about having a good time and let alot of stuff just roll off, this is not one of them... i am VERY glad to hear you are ok... i have seen guys on bikes over correct when stuff like this happens or go into the curb and REALLY get hurt...
*oooh ya it is attempted manslaughter with a vehicle...
Well said Joe. I have done something like this before, although I followed the little pr***k into a parking lot (Hospital parking lot none the less), pulled him out of his seat in front of his women, beat his a$$, and then calmly left. Just before I left I asked the hopital workers that came over to take him in and for a reason as to what happened, I told them he wanted to knwo what would happen if he was to be an idiot with his car, and well he found out. Ironically a few weeks later I seen him again, so I sped up to get next to him and well I guess he learned his lesson cause he slowed down, doing everything he could to stay away from me, lesson learned.
PS Now days I have a little piece of paper in my wallet that says I can carry an item that will spit an object at approx. 1000ft per second just in case the situation would be come real crazy.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Spastik
Intermediate

Although ya did the "right" thing by gettin his plate number and lettin the cops take care of it... they won't.

Sometime ya gotta take the low road. Not that I have done it or anything, but it definately teaches someone a lesson when ya choke their *** out, lock their keys in their car along with their clothing (Hypotheticals are not an admission of guilt, just sayin!)

Its the little things that make all the difference

Old 05-20-2009, 05:15 PM
rambobob
Tourer

Yea, all the the senarios flashed through my head. I kept seeing my *** in jail and loosing my job over an idiot.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:16 PM
rambobob
Tourer

Originally Posted by mccalljv
Just a thought to play devil's advocate, but what if you had not flipped him the bird back? Then he might not have tried to run you off the road...
Your probably right but it was a reaction to him being an idiot.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:18 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

I'd have kicked his door and when he called the cops to complain about the damage, you could have filed assualt / road rage charges!

Old 05-20-2009, 05:20 PM
rambobob
Tourer

Originally Posted by rogerfromco
I'd have kicked his door and when he called the cops to complain about the damage, you could have filed assualt / road rage charges!
I was ready to kick and then he swerved back to his own lane.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
yso191
Club Member

At a minimum this is reckless driving which is a gross misdemeanor (in Washington state) carrying a $500+ fine. But the more important thing is that this does not have to be committed in the presence of an officer for the officer to do something about it (most traffic offenses need to be). The vast majority of cops will be all over a call like this - and quickly. Just get the license number & if he gets lost in traffic, they'll meet him at home with a gift.

Having said that, I can't say I disagree with Joe. Though not everybody is as capable as he obviously is...

Steve

Old 05-20-2009, 05:55 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd say you have the upper hand at this point. We are all creatures of habit, and if you were on your way to work, I'm guessing so was Mr. Ahole. That being the case, you know his vehicle, and his plates, and about what time he is in the area.

Maybe one morning, when your not on your scoot, but in a cage, with lug wrench within handy reach, you two could meet up again. You will recognise him, he will have no idea about you.

Respects,
Ed

P.S. Let me add, that prior to following thru on the above, I would make an attempt with the local Leo's and would only think about the above, if they failed in their assigned duties to serve and protect.

Last edited by wescoot2; 05-20-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: To cover my butt with a P.S.

Quick Reply: Cager swerves at me this morning!