General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:45 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!

So this has happened to me about 4 or 5 times now, ill go and see my friends at their jobs or w/e and Ill be talking to one and the other will run and go sit on my bike and I turn around and am like what are u doing..First it was my friend just jumped on it kickstand up, 2nd was my boys girl, 3rd was my boys cousin, then today was my buddy when I was inside getting my stuff on hes outside on his cell phone sitting on my bike...How do u guys handle this? I try and keep my cool and tell them if it were someone elses bike they would get knocked out, then i ask them do they know how much stuff would cost if they were to drop it..This just urkes me a little so How do u guys handle this?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:48 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

First none of my friends would ever, but if they did big deal, it is only a bike.

Don't sweat the petty things....pet the sweaty things.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Go sleep with their wives/girlfriends without asking! Although that might be more difficult since some sound related. (unless you are living in Arkansas!)

Old 05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
turn8a
Road Captain

happens all the time when I take the bike to work not a big deal to me. My boss usually jumps on the bike and takes it for a ride around the ramp at the airport if anything happens it insured.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
First none of my friends would ever, but if they did big deal, it is only a bike.

Don't sweat the petty things....pet the sweaty things.
+1 - yeah so....it's just a bike. Friends are more valuable....

Old 05-19-2009, 06:02 PM
piggy
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

EDZ82, AH DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE GUYS WHO SAYS, its just a bike?? I'D POLITELY TELL "MY FRIENDS" THE BIKE AND ITS PAINT ARE SPECIAL, PLS DON'T SIT ON IT WITHOUT PERMISSION( SEE NY'ERS CAN BE SUBTLE) IF THEY WEREN'T KNOWN TO ME, I'D SPEAK A TAD DIFF. WOULD THESE SAME FOLKS JUMP IN YA CAR, AND START TO GO THRU YA GLOVEBOX ETC??ITS THE SAME THING , FAR AS IM CONCERNED.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:04 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

I realize friends are more valuable and everything, but most of my friends have never ridden in their life, and we all realize how much our bikes are worth..I have no problem if they were to just ask me of course I would say yes, but if something were to happen to the bike id be upset and then how would they pay for it you know? I love my friends and family but I figure it would just be respectful to ask

Old 05-19-2009, 06:05 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Buy a Honda, then no one will even want to look at it much less touch it.
Seriously though, It's happend to me a few times, I don't worry much about it as long as they don't drag their boot across the rear fender or something.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:05 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Yea I also think the next time that happens im going to maybe "Get a feel" of their women or maybe just take the car keys and just go around the block and see what they say LoL

Old 05-19-2009, 06:07 PM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

My brother is the only one that I have ever lectured about it. Basically offered him another bloody nose, if he didn't learn to respect other people's property. But that is just because he is a useless waste of skin, that doesn't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out of.

My best friend sat on my bike Saturday, and now he finally going to go buy another bike for himself. I guess if they are my friend it is all good with me, but some one I don't know or don't like I get testy.

Quick Reply: Friends that Sit on ur bike w.o asking!!!